CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

18LF2620 I2C Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UFAnders

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

18LF2620 I2C Problems
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:32 pm     Reply with quote

Gentlemen of the forum-->

I have been using an 18F2520 for my current project without error, but I ran out of program ROM. So I got a sample lot of 3 18LF2620s, included the proper header, and loaded the same program into the new chips.

My problem is that my I2C LED modules that are essential to this project aren't being found anymore! (I send a simple START>REG>DATA command to get the ACK)

Everything was working perfectly with the '2520s but now the I2C functions aren't working properly. Any ideas? Do I need to send an i2c_stop() before doing a start? I am using PCH 3.217.

Thanks!
asmallri

Re: 18LF2620 I2C Problems
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:54 pm     Reply with quote

UFAnders wrote:
Gentlemen of the forum-->

I have been using an 18F2520 for my current project without error, but I ran out of program ROM. So I got a sample lot of 3 18LF2620s, included the proper header, and loaded the same program into the new chips.

My problem is that my I2C LED modules that are essential to this project aren't being found anymore! (I send a simple START>REG>DATA command to get the ACK)

Everything was working perfectly with the '2520s but now the I2C functions aren't working properly. Any ideas? Do I need to send an i2c_stop() before doing a start? I am using PCH 3.217.

Thanks!

What is the clock frequency you are using and what is the supply voltage?

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:32 am     Reply with quote

Also, what's your PIC's power supply voltage?
What's the value for the pull-up resistors?
Can you talk to other devices on the I2C bus (ther than LED drivers)?
UFAnders

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:48 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, guys!

1. I am using the internal oscillator at 8MHz with no PLL

2. I am running the system at 3.3 volts, running a 5.2 volt cell phone wall wart (800mA) through a TC1263 vreg from Microchip

3. I am using 4.7k pullups in the I2C bus

4. I have a 24AA512 serial EEPROM also on the I2C bus but I haven't gotten far enough in my program to use it

I appreciate your questions, thanks for helping me out!
UFAnders

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:42 pm     Reply with quote

Guys, I have inexcusably wasted your time.

I have wires on my protoboard that run from the I2C pins first to my EEPROM, then cascade over to my light modules. It seems that when I swapped the 2520s out for the 2620s I had connected the SCL wire to some other pin on the EEPROM, so no devices were getting any clock signals.

I fixed my retarded blunder and everything works. I'll take more time to double check my wiring before posting to the forum in the future.

Please accept my sincerest thanks and apologies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: