CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Image to raw data conversion <OT>

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amcfall

Image to raw data conversion <OT>
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

I now have a Nokia-ish graphical LCD (mostly) working, but I can't find a good way to get a picture (prefereably bitmap) into raw (preferably formatted hex) data. I've tried a few RAW converters that give odd colors, and multi step conversion processes with no luck. I'm guessing there is an app out there that does it, I just haven't been able to find it(perhaps my google fu is weak).

Thanks,

Avery
Sophi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:56 pm     Reply with quote

Try WinHex. You can google it and get a free trial. I just loaded a jpg into it and converted the binary file to Intel-Hex. Trial will only take files up to 200kB so bmp was too big.
WinHex conversions are accurate for wav files but I don't know anything of its accuracy in graphics.
I am really interested in learning to program graphical LCDs so feel free to PM me if you want to share more about your project. I would like to hear.
SophE
amcfall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:21 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses, sorry about the lack of specifics. It is a 12 bit screen from sparkfun.com:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=569

Controller is an Epson:

http://www.hantronix.com/down/S1D15G00_REV1_0.pdf

I've had good luck with GCLCD converting bitmaps to hex: (spanish?)

http://www.hobbypic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=36

I wish I knew VB better, I'd just follow Marks suggestion and write my own program. GCLCD seems to work pretty well, but an english program would be nice for when I forget which button to push.

Right now for 12 bit I'm taking the 16 bit raw data(RGB,565), breaking it up into r,g,b and shifting each one down to 4 bits. This looks pretty good with 16 bit bitmaps.

I'll check out fontgen in a moment, looks quite useful. Thanks for the link. Should be great for text over graphics kinda stuff.

Now I'll go read up on RLE, and code a little more. Thanks all.

Avery

PS This made more sense last night before some responses dissapeared.

PPS Dumb question, how is integer division handled? Always rounded down? If I want to round up when decimal portion is over .5 do I ned to do it myself with %?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:21 am     Reply with quote

You probably already know this but Sparkfun has a forum too. I was planning to get that LCD and experiment...guess I'll see if you get anywhere with it Wink first.
SophE
And what did happen to those replies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: