CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Sine wave

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leto

Sine wave
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:29 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I have made a sine wave from a PIC16F628 and a DAC0808. My problem is that it is (0-5V) range sine wave and I need an AC sine wave (-2.5v, +2.5v).

Im trying to test the inductive properties on a coil, so I need an AC input. May be using an oamp or something but i dont know how connect it.

I have a simetric power supply +5v -5v.

Thanks for your help.

Leto.
rwyoung

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:33 am     Reply with quote

Use a summing configuration and add a -2.5V to your 0-5V sinewave.

Go to the National Semiconductor web site and look at their amplifier application notes. There is one that give basic application circuits.

Also, Google for "op-amp tutorial". This one is very goodhttp://homepage.mac.com/tbitson/weather/TI_OpAmp_Tutorial.pdf and is also available from the TI web site.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:03 pm     Reply with quote

Or you may be able to couple your 0V-5V sinewave through a large capacitor. The capacitor will block the average DC level, letting the AC go to the coil. Use a large electrolytic cap with the + terminal to the DAC and the - terminal to the coil.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:32 pm     Reply with quote

Gonna have a hard time driving an inductive load through a capacitor. It will be somewhat difficult through a jellybean op-amp too. If you have much inductance at all you might want to consider the op-amps and buffers from Apex intended for direct drive of small DC motors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:56 pm     Reply with quote

It all depends on what type of inductor he is measuring and what he wants to measure about it. He will need some series impedance or another way to monitor the current. As long as the capacitive reactance is very small compared to the inductive reactance the capacitor shouldn't add any new difficulties.

Leto, tell us more about the application.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

You may consider using a simple H bridge driver, I've ran into the same problem building a flame detector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: