CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

delay issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
codewrecker2

delay issue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:28 pm     Reply with quote

i have this application ,wher i have to turn on the motor ,every time the pressure sensor reading drops below a set limit.The duration of the motor turn on is 12 secs.the code works perfectly using delay_ms .the problem is that the pic has to communicate with the pc via rs 232 and every time there is a request from the pc side,the pic has to respond immediately.if the serial interrupt occurs just after the motor is turned on,the worst case delay would be around 12secs ,for the pic to respond. guess i hafta use a timer/counter/rtcc.

the pic is 16f689 and has 3 8bit timers.am using 8mhz internal oscilltor.am kinda new to using timers,so may know ,which timer to select and how to go about implementing the delay?
would be really helpful,if u guys pitch in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAPPY NEW YEAR,EACH ONE OF YA
codewrecker2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:42 pm     Reply with quote

also,can i do away with a timer interrupt ,so it doesnt collide with serial comm. interrupt
jecottrell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:18 pm     Reply with quote

Start here:

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22467

codewrecker2 wrote:
also,can i do away with a timer interrupt ,so it doesnt collide with serial comm. interrupt

If your ISRs are short, as they should be, that won't be a problem. Also read about the #priority option. Your RDA interrupt will come first and timer second. I assume 12 seconds +/- a few milliseconds is accurate enough?

Good luck,

John
codewrecker2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:41 am     Reply with quote

jecottrell, dead on dude,thanx a lot.saved a lot of my time.the thread did the trick for me.

best wishes
codewrecker2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

also,i would like to know that ,while i m in the timer1isr, if a serial interrupt occurs,how to give it a high priority and goto a point in the main function to process the serial data and send an ack. i m using #priority rda,timer1 before defining these service routines.will this be enough to override the timer1 overflow,because this is what i tried.

Code:

int count;        //global variable
int32 location; //     "

void motor_startup (void)
{
output_high(pin_RA5);                                       //start the motor
enable_interrupt(timer1) as well as global;
setup(T1_internal | T1_DIV_8);
while(count<53)
{
   if (RCIF==1)
   {delay_ms(50);                           //allow data to be buffered
goto_address(location);                 // location of the label in main ,from                                                       
     }                                             //wher processing would begin

}
output_low(pin_RA5);                                       //turn off the motor
}

#int_timer1
void delay_isr(void)
{
count++;                                           //timer overflow,every 0.26144sec
                                                        //53 counts give me around 14secs           
                                                        // which is good enuff
}

i have written the above code ,thru woteva i recollect from the code at the work place.so spare me for any wrong directives.

so,about the isr, as i am polling for the serial interrupt in the motor startup routine,if i give some stimulus,the serial isr is not served somehow,and its continuously polled till count>=53.is ther ne workaround for this.

i also tried polling the BKBHIT macro (buffer[next_in]!=buffer[next_out])for any incoming data.this way i am able to receive dat ,but end up losing a few characters,sometimes.
the isr routine is similar to that in EX_SISR.C

Thanx an aweful lot for pitching in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: