CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

simple kalman filter code needed..?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

simple kalman filter code needed..?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:27 am     Reply with quote

Hi all,

Can any one plz give me code to measure voltage using adc of PIC after applying kalman filter.

Kalman filter code is required to minimize the noise in incoming adc signal to understand kalman filter.

plz give ur response soon.

regards
dani
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:01 am     Reply with quote

The Kalman filter, is only applicable, if you have a good 'model' of what responses you expect, and the noise sources are largely Gaussian. There is no universal Kalman filter, the estimation will need to be based upon what is expected for your signal. Seriously though, I have used a couple of Kalman filters, but never even contemplated writing one to run on a PIC. Though the Kalman filter is a computationally efficient filter of it's type, it will use a large amount of space on such a processor.
I'd suggest you do a web search for Magnus Norgaard. He published a MatLab model, of a simpler filter, that for many applications was simpler to implement, and worked nearly as well.

Best Wishes
Harry Mueller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 am     Reply with quote

Kalman filters are being used in PICs by the robotics community, mainly in balancing robots such as 2 legged or 2 wheeled robots. They are used to filter data coming from accelerometers and piezo gyros.

Cheers....Harry
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:29 am     Reply with quote

Interesting. However the comment still applies that there is no 'universal' Kalman filter. You need a model of the data you expect to receive, and you look at how far the 'real' response differs from this. Hence the implementation is device specific. I ran a simplified version of the filter, on a servo application in a PIC, but it was much simplified from the original filter (it was based on the model I mentioned). I might be suspicious that the people using the filters in robotics are actually using a similar subset.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: