CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Has anyone got experience connecting GPRS modules to pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljb

Has anyone got experience connecting GPRS modules to pics
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:44 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to establish a permanent connection to a PIC that is collecting data rather than dialing it up as I am doing at the moment with a GSM link. Ideally I would like to transfere data every 10 secs instead of every 5 mins as it is now.
I've used the TC35 GSM for data and SMS, but I am a starter when it comes to GPRS.
If anyone has any example code with comments for setting up in GPRS mode, or you know of any good sites that explain about GPRS in simple terms and what all the jargon means would be great.
Many thanks
Les
Ps. any other ideas with regard to an internet connection please post as I feel like I am wandering in the dark at the moment, thanks.
jecottrell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:17 am     Reply with quote

Sorry, haven't tried any of those yet. I send video and UDP over Ethernet radio MODEMS (Microhard 920NTs). I'm moving video 80 miles (2 hops of 40 miles through a repeater.) I like the radio option because it's "always on".

What sort of distances do you need to cover? (I assume large if you are using cellular...)

What are you trying to do exactly? Maybe I can give you some ideas....

John
ljb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:42 am     Reply with quote

Hi John,
I am moving about 10kb of data every 5min (only at certain times due to call costs), but the ideal would be near real time (200bytes every 10sec). It could be from any location in the UK.
any ideas welcome
Les
ft

SMS and GPRS protocols !!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:53 am     Reply with quote

hi ljb, how are u doing.

in a current project of mine i will have to transfer a data string via SMS using PIC microcontrollers (16f877a probably). i plan to use GM800 (ubinetics) as the gsm engine that will be interfaced with my PIC. now to be very honest i have no idea how to do this SMS protocol. i know that there are certain AT commands which have to be serially sent by the PIC to the GSM engine, but thats about it.

i understand from your message on 'GPRS' that you have already implemented the SMS protocol. can you please guide me in this regard. i do realize that AT commands are different for each GSM engine, but your general overview and guidance can prove to be invaluable as im a complete newbie when it comes to these cellular protocols.

Also can you guide me a little on DATA-CALL protocol if you have implemented that.

Your help is extremely appreciated.

Best Regards
sprotch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:06 am     Reply with quote

Hi ljb,

In my current project I'm using a GSM/GPRS module to transmit data to a server via TCP over GPRS. As I'm starting the project I don't have finished to implement all the features I'll need but I already have managed to transmit data to the server. I'm using a Wavecom module (Integra 2106B) http://www.wavecom.com/media/files/spec_sheets/wavecom_hard_options_integra_m2106.pdf
and a PIC 16F877A. If you are interested and want some more information send me a PM.
Litoman

Gprs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:47 am     Reply with quote

I have developed a system with gprs transmision over the module of XACOM GPRS PLUS itīs programed via AT-COMMANDs like a gsm module.Itīs very easy the only problem its that it can do a server only a clien because the ip chages every time your connection is restarted.
srikanth bodduna

transmitting data through gprs modem
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:43 am     Reply with quote

How to send data from a gprs modem (RTU enabeld with pic microcontroller) to a gprs modem (PC/server).can anybody help me please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: