CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Archiving compiler version?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jma_1

Archiving compiler version?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:33 am     Reply with quote

I use a software version system to archive and track different software releases (and potential bugs). I would like to also archive the compiler software. If I never upgrade the compiler, no problem. Anyone know what files need to be saved in order to recreate a version of the compiler? Also, is there a detailed, specific list of what things changed in each compiler release? Question

JMA
MikeValencia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:50 am     Reply with quote

You just need to save your .crg file(s) and save the compiler version, and put a unique name to it, such as:

pchupd_3_228.exe

I usually install new updates in directory C:\Program Files\PICC_3_228\PICC for example.

I use the MPLAB IDE, and it is easy to switch back and forth between compiler versions in Project->Select Language Tool Location...

Furthermore, try to avoid installing versions in C:\Program Files\PICC\ since this is the default directory it would want to install to, and you might accidentally overwrite your previous version.

Don't forget to install the MPLAB plug-in in each new directory as well, if you use MPLAB.
treitmey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:00 am     Reply with quote

For my 2 cents. I archive the zip install file. Tho the compiler changes, the librarys, and examples files might change also. I keep everything together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: