CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

tris bits and ECCP...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
valemike

tris bits and ECCP...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:30 am     Reply with quote

For those of you using the ECCP in full bridge mode, you are instructed to make the RD7:RD4 pins as all inputs while you set up the ECCP, then turn them into outputs after your first PWM cycle.

I'm wondering what would happen if:
- I configure the ECCP in full bridge mode, whether it be forward or reverse mode, and only configure the two active bridge pins as outputs, while keeping the other two inactive pins as inputs.

Doesn't the ECCP run internally regardless of the TRIS settings; if so, then i can change my TRIS pins on the fly. Hopefully this gets rid of all ECCP glitch woes. (Yeah i've read a bunch of errata notes on the PIC18F458 and other PIC families).

I think i am experiencing a problem where updating the ECCPR1L to a non-zero number is initially accompanied by a glitch in the duty cycle. It happens so fast and i'm not that good at triggering a scope to only capture one transition, so i'm just playing it by ear.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:50 am     Reply with quote

Buy or rent a logic analyzer. Then you can see the pulses, and
maybe solve the problem.
valemike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:04 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah, it's probably cheaper in the long run than to spend R&D hours scratching my head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: