CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Best recent compiler version for 18F2431 series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveS

Best recent compiler version for 18F2431 series
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:08 am     Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been away from PIC stuff for a bit but I have a new project that may use one of the 18F2431 series (for the quadrature input feature). I'm still back in V3.182 which doesn't support it. Any opinions on a more current, stable, version that does support it? Or have we gotten past the problems of each new version having it's new problems?

BTW, just finished some rework on old 8051 assembler code - I had forgotten how painful that was! Thank you CCS!

- SteveS
sseidman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:59 am     Reply with quote

You just need to define a few registers. Search through my earlier posts, or try searching "quadrature". I've posted a coded snippet that uses all the relevant registers for the 2331, and that code works on the 2431.

Scott
ckielstra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 am     Reply with quote

The first few 3.20x versions were beta-versions, but the latest versions like 3.225 seem reasonable stable. I've never seen a program version without bugs, so sometimes it's better to stay with an old version and known bugs.

The main advantage of the 3.2xx versions over the 3.1xx versions is a 10% code size reduction for the PIC18.
SteveS

best compiler
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:46 am     Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you!

sseidman - I have seen your posts and thanks for code! I've had to 'fix' my present version to handle things it didn't do, so I know it's not a big deal.

ckielstra - Know what you mean, I've stayed with my present version so long just because, to me, it's a known quantity - I know what to watch for. But it's probably time to move up.

- SteveS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: