CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

#device *=16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sraiderk

#device *=16
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:48 am     Reply with quote

My code contains 3 timer interrupts routine and #int_TBE ,#int_RDA routines(total 5) . It is very interesting to me that if I use the #device *=16 statement then someting is going wrong in my software . But, I ignore the this line . Result is perfect. I made this operation three times, I always saw the same result. Especially, problem occurs timer0_int that is not calling. I used the 16f877 and CCS C 3.221.
yerpa

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:38 am     Reply with quote

Your code will run more slowly when you use the #device *=16 directive because then the compiler has to do double-precision math for pointers instead of single precision. Maybe the extra execution time is messing up your program?
valemike

Re: #device *=16
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

sraiderk wrote:
My code contains 3 timer interrupts routine and #int_TBE ,#int_RDA routines(total 5) . It is very interesting to me that if I use the #device *=16 statement then someting is going wrong in my software . But, I ignore the this line . Result is perfect. I made this operation three times, I always saw the same result. Especially, problem occurs timer0_int that is not calling. I used the 16f877 and CCS C 3.221.

On the 16XXX devices, you definitely need the #device *=16 statement when your program grows. w/o it, jumps and braches will get wacky, just like you're noticing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: