CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB Hardware errors?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Reeve

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

USB Hardware errors?
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:04 am     Reply with quote

Just revisiting the USBN9604 project. A couple of points after reading the USBN9604 data sheet:

"DMA Acknowledge. This active low signal is only used if DMA is enabled. If DMA is not used, this pin must be tied to VCC."

On the CCS demo board this pin is left floating. I also read DMA is not used in the demo.

"Transceiver 3.3V Voltage Supply. This pin can be used as the internal 3.3V voltage regulator output. The regulator is intended to power only the internal transceiver and one external pull-up. An external 1 uF de-coupling capacitor is required on this pin."

There is no capacitor used on the CCS demo board.

My questions is: Are the omissions deliberate for some reason? The demo board appears to work OK.
Username

Re: USB Hardware errors?
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:56 pm     Reply with quote

Will Reeve wrote:
Just revisiting the USBN9604 project. A couple of points after reading the USBN9604 data sheet:

"DMA Acknowledge. This active low signal is only used if DMA is enabled. If DMA is not used, this pin must be tied to VCC."

On the CCS demo board this pin is left floating. I also read DMA is not used in the demo.

"Transceiver 3.3V Voltage Supply. This pin can be used as the internal 3.3V voltage regulator output. The regulator is intended to power only the internal transceiver and one external pull-up. An external 1 uF de-coupling capacitor is required on this pin."

There is no capacitor used on the CCS demo board.

My questions is: Are the omissions deliberate for some reason? The demo board appears to work OK.

Board doesn't work for me on Windows XP.

Also, on Win98 the analog channels don't work. For the price, I'd expect the thing to at least work.

Injecting a 500ns 4volt pp pulse onto one of the USB legs causes a disconnection. wow... what a solid design.... right.

Thing is lame-o.... joke.

go with ethernet.. RTL8019as.. now that's a piece of silicon... or the ASIX 3.3V equiv... www.edtp.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: