CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

AnyBody Have 74595.C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoMatrix

AnyBody Have 74595.C
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:25 pm     Reply with quote

hello 2 everyone

is anybody have 74595.c i downloaded the ccs demo version i not find this 74595.c if anybedy have can mail me plssss

mdaslam23@hotmail.com

thank you
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:43 pm     Reply with quote

Did you try doing a web search with Google ? You should.
NeoMatrix

thanks pcm programmer
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:45 pm     Reply with quote

i not searched b4 now i searched google i found that

thanks once again

as i want to design the 5 of 5x7 matrix i searched this forms i found various code but not find any schematic that i can understand i tried alot but not get good luck if u know can u tell me plsss

thanks once again

waiting for ur reply
NeoMatrix

is 74164 & 74165 same
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:05 pm     Reply with quote

hello

can u tell me is 74164 and 74165 is the same can i use 164 instead of 165 i not find here 165 i have only 164

thanks once again
NeoMatrix

p16c84.h
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:00 am     Reply with quote

can any bedy have this header file i not able to find
rwyoung

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:33 am     Reply with quote

The 74164 is a serial-in-parallel out shift register.

The 74165 is a parallel-in-serial out shift register.

Definately not the same part.

Go to www.ti.com, search for 74LS164 and 74LS165 (or HC or HCT or what ever other logic family is appropriate for your design) and read the data sheets.

Writing your own code to interface with these chips. Each is basically a for() loop and some shifting.

AnyBedy Have 74595.C
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

hello

thank for ur help i don't no much about those chips i see some moving message code using 164 and 595 so i was interested to build moving message of 5 5x7 dot matrix leds when i try to compile its asking 74595.c not exixsts

thank you
rwyoung

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

As a follow up, the 74x595 is also a serial-in-parallel-out shift register but it differs from the 74x164 in that the 74x595 has output registers so that all outputs can change simultaneously.

Also the 74x595 may have the ability to tri-state (hi-z) its output drivers. Can't remember, that is what datasheets are good for... Cool

Helpp 74595
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

Hello rwyoung

i have the datasheet and downloaded the 74595.c i want to design the moving message of 2 5x7 bu using pic16f84a i will connect 74595 to porta for columns and for rows portb but i don't no how to write the code in ccsinfo i can't able to write the code of this chip as its demo version so i am trying to write in microbasic if i will get schematic and code of ccs then i can covert into microbasic so that i can understand much about 74595 hope u understand

thanks for ur reply
NeoMatrix

Helpp 74595
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

hello everyone

this is the schematic i made but i cab't able to write the code by using pic16f628 i have the header file of this pic i will try tomake this is the link of this schematic i just got this schematic in one site but there is no code so i am trying to design this is anybedy help me i am very thank ful if anybedy have this header files kindly can u send me pls

mdaslamknl@yahoo.com

http://www.geocities.com/neomatrix80/Embeded/prjschem.jpg

thank you very much
dyeatman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:09 pm     Reply with quote

NeoMatrix,
The CCS header files are copyright CCS and no one is allowed to post them in ths board or email them to ANYONE so please quit asking. As was told to you earlier having the header file will do you no good anyway. Specific chip support is built into the compiler and it will not work just having the header file. Your only choice is to build using the chips supported by the demo version.

There is a Big Gotcha in the demo!! Code size is limited in the demo (2K max) and it is unlikely you can build the kind of project you have in mind within the limits of the CCS demo even if you use a supported chip. Therefore, if you cant afford the CCS compiler (which is understandable for a hobby project) then I would strongly suggest trying to use another compiler.

There are quite a few very low cost and free PIC compilers (CC5X, C2C, PICBASIC etc.) out there that should do what you want.

Good Luck!
NeoMatrix

tHanks
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:17 pm     Reply with quote

Hello dyeatman

i know what ur telling and i understand but previously i got worked in demo version and its was working perfectly in all chips as i formatted my system i lost that one so i am trying to get help again may be now this time nobedy is there no probs i will try my best and i am sure i will get coz in demo version they even don't give 74595.c right but i tried my best and found that its working so the same i will get that also is nothing wrong to try tyr untill i get nothin is impossible just try

by the way thanks for ur info

best of luck for me....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: