CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

1-wire AAG Weather Station

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inkwaterman

1-wire AAG Weather Station
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:50 am     Reply with quote

Hi !
I would want to use the AAG Weather Station , and I need some code for reading the value of its sensors.
Can anyone post me the routine for reading the 1-wire devices ?
I never used a 1-wire net with 2 or plus sensors.

Another question:

When I got the counter value for the wind speed which formula I have to use for calculate the speed ?

Thanx
jds-pic

Re: 1-wire AAG Weather Station
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:30 pm     Reply with quote

Inkwaterman wrote:
Hi !
I would want to use the AAG Weather Station , and I need some code for reading the value of its sensors.
Can anyone post me the routine for reading the 1-wire devices ?
I never used a 1-wire net with 2 or plus sensors.
Another question:
When I got the counter value for the wind speed which formula I have to use for calculate the speed ?
Thanx

for a start, here is my onewire library:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19520

HOWEVER...

there are few issues here:
1) do you have the V2 or the V3 version of the AAG weather station? how you talk to the onewire devices differs between the two versions. the V2 version was a little cumbersome to deal with since the power to some of the devices was continually interupted.
2) the library code above does not include the "onewire search" algorithm which is needed when you don't know a priori the serial numbers of the onewire devices on the onewire net. so you will need to develop that code; a good amount of example source exists on the net and there are a few dallas application notes which will prove very useful.
3) the algorithms for determining windspeed on the AAG platform are documented in several places on the web. google on "dallas weather station" (dallas originally designed the station to promote the onewire scheme; AAG subsequently took over manufacturing).

good luck and let me know how you make out.

jds-pic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: