CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

pic12f675 with battery and RF problems!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicenoise

pic12f675 with battery and RF problems!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:31 am     Reply with quote

hello
i'm developping an aplications using the pic12f675 with the HP3 linx transmitter with a 3.6V nimh battery.
I'm using a clock of 20Mhz.
when the battery is near to 3.6V the circuit not works very well... in this moment the range of the signal transmitted is very short (50ft)... when the battery es full (near to 4.20V), the system works perfectly and the range is 1000ft....

its extrange that affect only the range of the transmitter...
the voltage especifications of the transmitter are:
2.1V-12V
and the pic12f675
2V-5.5V

I think that the problem is the clock... its possible? anyone say me that microchip recomended a clock of 10Mhz maximun for 3.6V.... is this correct???
my problem is that i change the clock to 10Mhz... my rs-232 frecuency (31.25Khz) change a little bit....

pleas help...

thank you

Alex
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:56 am     Reply with quote

Get the chip data sheet. Look at the electrical specification. The chip is only guaranteed to work at 20MHz, with a supply voltage of 4.5v or more. That it runs at 4.2v, is 'luck'...
For 3.6v, the highest guaranteed clock rate is 10Mhz. You should be able to get your RS232 rate right at this rate. If it is fractionally 'off', tweak the declared 'clock' value to get it right. The software RS232, is not that accurate, but should not be far off at this rate. This does change slightly with the compiler version.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: