CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MPLAB ver 7 Install Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnKennedy

MPLAB ver 7 Install Problem
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:17 am     Reply with quote

Hi

I have a problem with MPLAB installation and hope someone can help me get round it.

First off I installed MPLAB and PCW on my desktop and everything works fine.

I have now decided it will be far better for me to have it on my laptop instead. this is where the problems begin. When running the MPLAB setup program I get an error right at the end saying the MPTranslater.DLL has failed to register Exclamation

When I run MPLAB it comes up with an error message that just says unspecified error and nothing else. so I uninstalled and tried reinstalling only to get the same message. This time I proceeded to install PCW3.127 and the MPlab plugin.

When I run MPlab i still get the same unspecified error message and everyhting else performs as expected until you try to compile when it reports an error that the compiler selected is not installed on the machine.

i am assuming that all this is down to the DLL file not registering, I have uninstalled everything again and made sure the registry and the disk are clean of anything to do with MPLAB and CCSC but I still get exactly the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone suggest a work around?

The main reason for wanting it on my laptop is that I have an ICE arriving today and it will be far easier to work with my laptop than my desktop.

Oh the only difference between the two other than that is my desktop runs XP Pro where my Laptop has XP home on it, surely this wouldn't cause the problem though?

any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

JFK
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Microchip tech support is your best bet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: