CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS Upgrade Path

View previous topic :: View next topic  

CCS Upgrade Path
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:56 am     Reply with quote

Hi

Been away from PICS for a while and my PCW software is way out of date(Ver 3.11).

These questions are more aimed at CCS Staff but they must be busy as I have had no reply to my email, but if anyone knows the answers then any advice appreciated.

Are the latest versions compatable with Windows XP Pro?
Will all my code written on ver3.11 compile ok on the latest version?
What version of MPlab will I need?
Is there an upgrade path from ver 3.11 to the latest without having to purchase the full product?

thanks

JFK
ckielstra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:27 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
my PCW software is way out of date(Ver 3.11).

This is not a valid CCS version number, it should be something like 3.xxx. Check the top of your list file for the version number.

Quote:
Are the latest versions compatable with Windows XP Pro?
I'm a happy user of PCWH on XP Pro Service Pack 2.

Quote:
Will all my code written on ver3.11 compile ok on the latest version?
Very likely it will compile, but no promisses on the correct working. There have been many changes and bug fixes. Remember "If it's not broken, don't fix it".

Quote:
What version of MPlab will I need?
The latest stable CCS version is 3.191, it works with MPLAB v6.30 and above. I recommend MPLAB v7.00 although some people report problems with the simulator in this version. If you need the simulator you can dowload MPLAB v6.60 from http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1495

Quote:
Is there an upgrade path from ver 3.11 to the latest without having to purchase the full product?
The upgrade path is called 'Maintenance'. Anyone who ever bought an original version can apply for a one year download access rights. This is different from many other software vendors, you are allowed to have time in between your maintenance contracts without getting a penalty in having to pay more when applying for a contract renewal.

From the CCS website FAQ:
Quote:
I have PCW. What do I need to purchase in order to have a 1 year maintenance agreement and support for the 16-bit (18 series) chips?

You will need to first purchase your upgrade of PCW to PCWH, for $75, and then purchase your PCWH maintenance agreement, for $250. Your total purchase will be $325, not including shipping and handling prices.
Note that this upgrade path is cheaper than buying a new PCWH which is $425 and has only 30 days of free downloads.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:26 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for spending the time to answer all my questions clearly.

Smile

JFK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: