CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

3.216 18F4550 problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillcraft

3.216 18F4550 problems
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:33 pm     Reply with quote

It seems that the hardware ID in the CCS config file is incorrect for this device. The ICD detects it as 1202 but the file contains another number. I changed the ID to 1202 and the ICD seems to be able to read the device correctly, but it is unable to program the device.

Could it be that the new USB 2.0 18FXXXX devices are not supported correctly yet?

Any ideas?
ckielstra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:39 am     Reply with quote

I suppose you are using the CCS ICD and not the Microchip ICD?

Check ICD Devices Supported for a list of processors supported by CCS's ICD. The 18F4550 is shown as beta test, programming is supported, debugging not yet.

Quote:
It seems that the hardware ID in the CCS config file is incorrect for this device. The ICD detects it as 1202 but the file contains another number.
What is the name of the config file you are referring to? It might be interresting to compare this file to an older CCS version...
hillcraft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:17 am     Reply with quote

I checked 3.214 and 3.215 and they are the same. It is the config file that is managed by Chipedit.exe. I instaled the latest firmware on the ICD from 3_216.

I retested the problem and I found that the ICD programs a 18F458 in the exact same PCB. At least the board works correctly.

I am using a CCS ICD.

If you look at the info provided by chipedit.exe for the 18F4550 you will see under Tools - Programming that it is set to PIC18F2_44_5x0, I think that this is why the ICD cannot program the device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: