CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

SD memory card code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hans Wedemeyer

SD memory card code
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:44 pm     Reply with quote

Some time ago I struggled through using a Secure Digital Memory card. During that time I was pointed to a library, and thought someone here may also need some advice.
I decided to buy the PRLLC library, had I purchased at the start my project it would have saved a lot time.

link to PRLLC
http://www.prllc.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=17&idproduct=51

I am happy to report the library is good and easy to use, and I have been successful in using it for both FAT12 FAT16 and with Directory support.

Memory usage is very reasonable and depends somewhat on the options selected.
The most important item apart from the library itself is the good user manual and excellent technical support.

If you plan to use SD Memory cards in your project, and don’t want or have the time to develop your own code I recommend this library.

Hans Wedemeyer

PS I have no financial or any other interest in this product, I just a very happy customer.

Code size estimate for prllc library
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:46 pm     Reply with quote

Assuming a PIC18, can you give us any sense of how much codespace this prllc library consumes? Thanks.
pat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:11 am     Reply with quote

If you scroll to the end of the page that Hans linked to you will read

Quote:
Processors Supported

The file system requires 10-30K of program space and approximately 1.5K of SRAM (depending on user configuration).
Some possible target processors may include:

PIC18F6720
PIC18F8720

PIC18F258*
PIC18F458*
PIC18F252*
PIC18F452*

* limited functionality

Also says

Quote:

Complete CCS-C PCWH, project package with an example programs

· Designed specifically for CCS-C, and the Microchip PIC18.
AK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:36 am     Reply with quote

Hans,

Do you know what PRLLC means by "Limited Functionality" for some of the
possible target processors?

Thanks,
Scott
Yashu

Re: SD memory card code
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:29 pm     Reply with quote

Hans Wedemeyer wrote:
Some time ago I struggled through using a Secure Digital Memory card. During that time I was pointed to a library, and thought someone here may also need some advice.
I decided to buy the PRLLC library, had I purchased at the start my project it would have saved a lot time.

link to PRLLC

I am happy to report the library is good and easy to use, and I have been successful in using it for both FAT12 FAT16 and with Directory support.

The most important item apart from the library itself is the good user manual and excellent technical support.

If you plan to use SD Memory cards in your project, and don’t want or have the time to develop your own code I recommend this library.

Hans Wedemeyer

PS I have no financial or any other interest in this product, I just a very happy customer.

Can the PRLLC code be compiled with a static overlay compiler (HiTech PICC-18) -or- does it require a stack based compiler with malloc() capability and re-entrant function support?

Re: SD memory card code
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:59 pm     Reply with quote

Yashu wrote:
Hans Wedemeyer wrote:

link to PRLLC

Hans Wedemeyer

Can the PRLLC code be compiled with a static overlay compiler (HiTech PICC-18) -or- does it require a stack based compiler with malloc() capability and re-entrant function support?

I did not use malloc() and do not see any reason why HiTech or other compiler can't be used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: