CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RTOS using CCS Compiler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
masterchief

RTOS using CCS Compiler
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:49 am     Reply with quote

Do you guys know if there is a free (or not free) RTOS using the CCS compiler???

I have been working on a FreeRTOS(.org) port using the CCS compiler.
Right now, there is a bug is the saving/restoring the context. (a stack under flow error)

Anyway, If you are interrested in helping me make a CCS port to this RTOS, that would be great.

njouyep@hotmail.com
Haplo

Re: RTOS using CCS Compiler
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:07 am     Reply with quote

masterchief wrote:
Do you guys know if there is a free (or not free) RTOS using the CCS compiler???

According to this page:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/news.shtml
CCS is working on one.
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:44 pm     Reply with quote

There's also a chance that CCS' RTOS is vaporware.

Nick
Tom-H-PIC

One or two things about CCS ROTS.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:56 am     Reply with quote

First of all CCS doesn’t put dates on the news items on the web page so new people looking at the news item has no clue that it is all most a year old.
The first email that I sent CCS to be part of the beta testing was on 2-11-04.
I have sent some emails asking the status of the project and the replies that I get are we are working on it at this time; it is not ready for beta testing.
Not to be slamming CCS to hard I think that they have a good product line.
The ROTS for the PIC is going to be a hard project to pull off. That is why we don’t have one at this time.
But the bottom line is I agree with Kender that the ROTS from CCS for the PIC is vaporware!
TSchultz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:09 am     Reply with quote

I have normally written real time applications using a home brew pseudo task engine that runs in an endless loop. With carefull optimization of the underlying routines and some thought to the overall structure, near real-time processing can be acheived.

I have looked at RTOS systems but have never used one on the PIC. I have sucessfully used RTOS's on other architectures.

The free RTOS looks quite good. I am currently playing around with it on the MSP430, but it is too early to say much.

Here is link to the free RTOS port for the PIC18.
http://www.freertos.org/a00097.html

I have never used it, but I would think that porting to CCS should not be too difficult.
mhahn@hvc.rr.com

csRtos available in code library forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:04 pm     Reply with quote

I just posted a very simple rtos (more of a task scheduler really) I recently ported to the PIC. Go check out the library forum for the details.

The version posted is an early version. The code still needs some cleaning up. It seems to work pretty well, but I still need to do some performance measurements etc. Please do not assume it is bullet-proof code ready for mission critical applications.

Enjoy

Mark R Hahn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: