CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Toolbar button locations being scrambled

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlieGill

Toolbar button locations being scrambled
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:13 am     Reply with quote

Each time I start my compiler, the toolbar buttons are scattered over 3 lines. I am using the default settings. I can drag the buttons onto a single line but the next time I start the compiler they are scrambled again. This started several months ago, I don't remember exactly when, but since I usually run from the MPLAB environment, it isn't a big problem. When I'm starting a new project, like now, I prefer to use the CCS environment and I get tired of always rearranging the buttons each time I start so that my toolbar doesn't waste the extra 2 lines. I've had the problem since at least 3.188.

Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody have a fix.

Charlie Gill
future

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:51 am     Reply with quote

I noticed this too, specially in low resolutions.

I use it at 1600x1200 without this problem.
CharlieGill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:42 am     Reply with quote

Hmmm... I normally run 1280x960. I tried 1600x1200 and still see the problem. Thanks for the feedback though.

Charlie
Haplo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:28 pm     Reply with quote

Check to see if the file PCW.INI (in the \PICC directory) gets updated after you re-arrange the toolbar and quit PCW.
CharlieGill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:54 am     Reply with quote

Yes, the PCW.INI file does update (time stamp changes). I found the [Toolbar Position] section. If I rearrange all the buttons onto the top (single) line and then exit, all the "button" top=x entries are set to 2. When I restart the program the buttons are arranged on 2 lines and when I exit and check the INI file the offending buttons have their top= entry set to 22.

It appears that the INI file is properly updated on exit but something causes the program to change the vertical alignment when it reloads. I tried several permutations such as adding some additional buttons and removing some and still had the same problem. However...after about the 20th interation suddenly the program loaded with all the buttons on one line! I don't know what changed but I'm going to leave everything alone for now.

Charlie
treitmey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:02 am     Reply with quote

This isn't a good solution,.. but you could save the settings and then make the ini read-only so it couldn't be changed.
CharlieGill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:21 am     Reply with quote

I don't think the read-only would help. The proper setting were being saved but it appeared that when the program loaded and the toolbar was populated with the buttons that some auto-sizing/locating routine decided that the buttons couldn't be located as requested.

My guess is that the code behind the toolbar control is looking at the button position and width and deciding there is not enough room for it on the requested line and is droping it down a line. I don't know if CCS is using a canned toolbar control or rolled their own. The latter I suspect.
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:39 am     Reply with quote

On a side note, my MBLAB started doing the same thing about a month or so back. It didn't matter what I did, it kept changing the locations. After testing a problem someone was having with MBLAB v7 my problems went away Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: