CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICSP programming pins...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smashHIT

ICSP programming pins...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:18 am     Reply with quote

Hi there!
This is my first post as a member here at the CCS forum. I know it's not really a CCS question, but where shall I turn...?
I have got my pic working with the compiler and even got my LCD working nicely. One thing I'm wondering about thoug is ICSP. I have a programmer (Kit150) from http://kitsrus.com/
It has support for ICSP, so on the programmer there is 6 cabels: (GND, VCC, CLK, DAT, LOW, VPP1). Now my question... where shall I connect these cabels for ICSP?
The legs on my poor pic (18F452), is about to break from all the switching between the projectboard and the programmer.
Thanks for any help!!
Klaus

ICSD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:33 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

According to the information for the ICD programmers on the CCS website it would be as follows for the target board:

1 MCLR with pull up 47k
2 +5V
3 Ground
4 B7 on the PIC
5 B6 on the PIC
6 optional, B3

It works fo my ICD S40 programmer/debugger and it worked for my earlier Velleman K4048 kit programmer.

Regards,

Klaus
Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:50 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
The legs on my poor pic (18F452), is about to break from all the switching between the projectboard and the programmer.

Get yourself an ICD, you'll be glad you did.
Ken Macfarlane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:21 am     Reply with quote

I had a kit150 program a 452 without problems (until one of the bc856b's blew, so now I've got a kit3182 instead).

Omit the low pin from the kit150 - you don't need to connect it, and make sure that the pullup on mclr is 47k - 10k or 33k like you see on some designs will prevent mclr getting close enough to 13 volts during programming.

Isn't it annoying that the ICSP pin ordering is different on every pcb, and so you need several kk5 to kk5 cables to use your programmer with different target.

Buying an ICD saves money on a programmer, but the single breakpoint limitation is very frustrasting to use in practice.
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:26 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Buying an ICD saves money on a programmer, but the single breakpoint limitation is very frustrasting to use in practice.

If you are use to an emulator, then yeah. But if you are writing, compiling, burning, inserting chip, testing, then it is tons better. Heck, they are less than $200! My ICE2000 was about $2500 not to mention all the processor modules ($500 a pop) and device adapters!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:38 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for replying!
I have got the ICSP to work now, and I think I'll go with that for a while. Though I would love an ICD. =)[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: