CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Picdem.net Board help!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouiseG

Picdem.net Board help!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:28 pm     Reply with quote

I need help in hooking uo my picdem.net board, i have no rs232 on my laptop(doh!), can i just hook it up with the ethernet cable??

Anyone here got a picdem.net board?

Cheers in advance!
asmallri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:37 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
I need help in hooking uo my picdem.net board, i have no rs232 on my laptop(doh!), can i just hook it up with the ethernet cable??

I used one of these about a year ago. There is a method for accessing it via the ethernet using "gleaming". It is documented with the supplied CD-ROM that comes with the board.

I have a bootloader for the Ethernet port which enables you to download code to the PICDEM.NET over ethernet. It does not require "gleaming" to work and is therefore plug and play.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:57 pm     Reply with quote

USB -> Serial adapter.

I don't think you can set the board up without using the serial port.
LouiseG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:19 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys, heres my basic setup:

CCS Compiler
MPLAB
ICD2
Picdem.net board hooked up to computer with ethernet cable.

I have tried to do the ip gleaming but it did not work, i am going to try using a new PIC18F452 and try to reprogram in the demo app.

I am now also going to investigate a usb rs232 adapter thing....
LouiseG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:30 am     Reply with quote

Ok so now i have some more problems:

When i first got the board its programmed with a pic16f877 and the YIPEE THREE demo!

So i have added a PIC18F452 and tried to reprogram the microchip demo into it with my icd2, however the system leds and user leds are no longer flashing....

1. Do i have to hook it up via ethernet/serial before these leds come on?

Im sure when I had the PIC16f877 in and first powered up the board, all the leds were on...although im not 100%
cf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:47 am     Reply with quote

hi,

In the past i'm use a PICDEMNET,it was at the begening of the PIC18F452, so i'm try do replace the 16F with a 18F but it doesn't work.

In the 16F the code and hardware free resouce are under 10%. I'm make an application weeb server whith difficulty.

Now i'm know that there is a new stack tcpip but i'n bevers use so i'm dont know what are the performance.

For internet connectiviy i'm use the Zworld solution : http://www.zworld.com/ look at RCM3700 RabbitCore Development Kit

I'm think that it is a better way sorry for michrochip.

I'm use the two solution for my embeded server : Rabbit module for internet and microchip for I/O (18F452,18F8720) and CCS compiler .

C.F
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:28 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
In the past i'm use a PICDEMNET,it was at the begening of the PIC18F452, so i'm try do replace the 16F with a 18F but it doesn't work.

Well you must have done something wrong. Mine works just fine.

Quote:
Now i'm know that there is a new stack tcpip but i'n bevers use so i'm dont know what are the performance.

So if you never got it working and never used the new stack, how can you make this comment:

Quote:
I'm think that it is a better way sorry for michrochip.

Quote:
I'm use the two solution for my embeded server : Rabbit module for internet and microchip for I/O (18F452,18F8720) and CCS compiler .

I use only 1 micro! Now who's solution is better??
cf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:48 am     Reply with quote

Hi,Mark

I'm dont want to make :
a polemic,
say what in all case these or these solution is better or not better at 100%.

technicals choice solutions depend of the size of the application, of our preference's, of our expérience in a way and our inexperence in overs ways.

I'm was just said what a few years ago a i'use a solution wich is alway in function with it's convenient and inconvenient.

I'm was just said what the free ressource on these old board allow small application (small web page,no mail ).

I'm said that there a new stack tcpip , it was the micropchip stack availlable a few years ago and that i'm have not tested it and that i'm dont know the performance.

I'm not want to make an attack to microchip,i'm just explain the conditions in what i'm was to make an opinion few years ago and a new technical choice solution.

I'm not an expert in all
if you have succesfully make the conversion of the yeppe solution on a 18F it's wery good, i'm dont know where a make mistake.

So my propo where only to help Louise not for destablize, i'm dont know what is her application. if she want a copy of my project whith 16F and old picemnet there is no problem or an help whit Zworld rabbit .

I'm used multiple controleur and AD converter on aprinted bord that i'm devellop. when i'm have a new job to make all the rabit controlleur, PIC controleur ,serial communication rs232,422, AD converter are free . So with all these i'm can with this generic board make mulptiple application.

If you know a reference on a single chip low coast wich make all i'm very interresting, i'm can't have a loock a all the new product.

Have a good day Mark, and excuse me if you have the sentiment what i'm was making agression.

Regard

Christian
LouiseG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:48 am     Reply with quote

Ive spoken to microchip and they say i need to rebuild the demo application with Microcip c18 compiler or the hi-tech pic c 18 compiler....anyone know where i can get my hands on either of them?

I need to rebuild the microchip demo code and reprogram into the demo board via my icd.....hoping that this is why it has not been working.

As regard to the above commments, ive had a few people say they have got the picdem.net board working fine and is a great solution to Embedded Pic work.

Also i have another question....can i just start working with the tcp/ip stack that i have got from ccs? eg: without all this fuss about programming in the demo application. Although i am guessing it will be easier to use the demo from microchip first to get an idea of how the board works?

Anyones expereinces with using the picdem.net and ccs would be helpfull,

Louise
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:59 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
i need to rebuild the demo application with Microcip c18 compiler or the hi-tech pic c 18 compiler....anyone know where i can get my hands on either of them?

You can't be serious! Have you ever looked at Microchip's website? Download the 60 evaluation version from them.
LouiseG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:59 am     Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Quote:
i need to rebuild the demo application with Microcip c18 compiler or the hi-tech pic c 18 compiler....anyone know where i can get my hands on either of them?

You can't be serious! Have you ever looked at Microchip's website? Download the 60 evaluation version from them.

I have indeed found it....but maybe i was hinting at the full version....doh!!
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:46 pm     Reply with quote

Doh! Doh! Doh!... That is a full version! Of course there is a time limit. But it sounds like you want to obtain an illegal version of the compiler. If that is the case, THEN GO AWAY and never come back here. Read the forum guidelines!
LouiseG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:35 am     Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Doh! Doh! Doh!... That is a full version! Of course there is a time limit. But it sounds like you want to obtain an illegal version of the compiler. If that is the case, THEN GO AWAY and never come back here. Read the forum guidelines!

LOL

I have......did i ever say anything about an illegal version? You have though
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:12 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
I have indeed found it....but maybe i was hinting at the full version....doh!!

Come on now, my mama didn't raise no fool. "hinting at the full version". What exactly does that mean. You didn't ask where to buy it you wanted someone to give you a copy which would be an illegal version. Be gone software pirate. Very Happy
LouiseG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:13 am     Reply with quote

[quote="Mark"]
Quote:

Come on now, my mama didn't raise no fool. "hinting at the full version". What exactly does that mean. You didn't ask where to buy it you wanted someone to give you a copy which would be an illegal version. Be gone software pirate. Very Happy

LOL

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: