CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Trampas - Stern? CF,SD or EEPROM external storage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VagMan

Trampas - Stern? CF,SD or EEPROM external storage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:22 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

Are you Trampas Stern. A question about the stunning OBDII scanner that you developed.

I see that you have 2500 odd error codes stored in the device - did you use compact flash to store the info?

The question is really this: What is the best way to store and access lots of text error messages. Lets say I have 7500 VW error descriptions that I need to access based on their error number.

Has anybody done any work on using external memory on a 18F458?

Is the best to use SD, CF or just plain EEPROM?
Trampas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:34 pm     Reply with quote

Vagman,

This is Trampas Stern with the OBDII device...

I use an external Flash chip to store the code information. I also have prototypes devices with SD cards. However the only reason to use removable media is if you plan on removing the media to transfer to a PC. The serial flash chips are cheap and easy to use with SPI interface so I would recommend them.

On other notes I was laughing when I saw your post as I have a VW in the shop at the moment trying to figure out the VAG protocol. Maybe we could help each other? Drop me a email off the list and we can discuss things some more.

Trampas
trampas -at- gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: