CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Help, Defining Interrupts in Device Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d00dajo

Help, Defining Interrupts in Device Editor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:43 am     Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Hello all compiler experts,

I am havingdifficulties adding a new device (16F636) that have new features in the device editor.

Now, I can select the numbers, hardware Ids etc. I have also marked the "usable RAM" for C. Now, the main problam is the Interrupts. In the PIC16F636 there are "interrupts on change on all A-ports". I.e. there are interrupts

INT_RA
INT_RA0
INT_RA1
INT_RA2
INT_RA3
INT_RA4
INT_RA5

These are not understood by the compiler, since I cannot mark any such interrupts in the "Interrupt list" in the device editor. How do I add/define interrupts to that list? Is there a file somewhere in the PICC-catalog defining the different types of interrupts that exists?

The complete list of not understood interrupt preprocessors:; INT_RA INT_RA0 to INT_RA5 INT_COMP2 INT_OSC_FAIL INT_CR

Thanks
//Daniel.
Ttelmah

Re: Help, Defining Interrupts in Device Editor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:07 am     Reply with quote

d00dajo wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Hello all compiler experts,

I am havingdifficulties adding a new device (16F636) that have new features in the device editor.

Now, I can select the numbers, hardware Ids etc. I have also marked the "usable RAM" for C. Now, the main problam is the Interrupts. In the PIC16F636 there are "interrupts on change on all A-ports". I.e. there are interrupts

INT_RA
INT_RA0
INT_RA1
INT_RA2
INT_RA3
INT_RA4
INT_RA5

These are not understood by the compiler, since I cannot mark any such interrupts in the "Interrupt list" in the device editor. How do I add/define interrupts to that list? Is there a file somewhere in the PICC-catalog defining the different types of interrupts that exists?

The complete list of not understood interrupt preprocessors:; INT_RA INT_RA0 to INT_RA5 INT_COMP2 INT_OSC_FAIL INT_CR

Thanks
//Daniel.

Generally, you cannot 'add' a feature that the compiler does not support. The device editor, allows to to make changes to which 'known' features are available, and the addresses used, but cannot create new features. That having been said, it is often possible to 'reuse' features. So (for instance), in the past, when pullups were only available on PORTB, when some of the newer chips, instead had them available on PORTA, the 'answer' was to pretend that this was PORTB. Hence you may well be able to use the port B 'interrupt on change' option, and just rename the ports. However you also seem to be trying to use interrupts that don't exist. The chip has a single port change interrupt on portA, and one external interrupt on RA2, it does not have six seperate interrupt pins on the port.

Best Wishes
d00dajo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:27 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

However you also seem to be trying to use interrupts that don't exist. The chip has a single port change interrupt on portA, and one external interrupt on RA2, it does not have six seperate interrupt pins on the port.

Hi,
that is one of the new feature on 636, there are actually individual interrupts on the portA, including individual pullups.

I will check on pretending to use port b as port a. (I will manage without the individual pullups)

//Dnaiel[/quote]
d00dajo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:50 am     Reply with quote

d00dajo wrote:
Quote:

However you also seem to be trying to use interrupts that don't exist. The chip has a single port change interrupt on portA, and one external interrupt on RA2, it does not have six seperate interrupt pins on the port.

Hi,
that is one of the new feature on 636, there are actually individual interrupts on the portA, including individual pullups.

I will check on pretending to use port b as port a. (I will manage without the individual pullups)

//Dnaiel
[/quote]

Correction:
Your right on the interrupts, its just the pullups that are individual.
Still cant get INT_RB to work instead of INT_RA .

(Should just be to define INT_RB = INT_RA right?

//Daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: