CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS PIC24 with Microchip MLA_v2016_11_07 for FAT?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfire151

CCS PIC24 with Microchip MLA_v2016_11_07 for FAT?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:31 pm     Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere before. I did a basic search in the forum and didn't see anything obvious...

I'm using the latest PCWHD version (V5.065) on a Windows 10 platform.

Has anyone tried to use the Microchip Libraries for Applications (mla_v2016_11_07_windows_installer.exe, or similar) with the CCS PCWHD compiler (PIC24) for File I/O support? If so, is there a method or example of how to do this?

I've been using the Brush Electronics file support for PIC18 projects very successfully. When I tried to include that file system with a PIC24 project, it doesn't initialize correctly. In looking at the Brush Electronics site, he wants $140 for the file system that supports PIC24. Call me cheap but I'd like to do this for a little less money. I did a search for PIC24 file system support and ran across the Microchip site describing their MLA.

As a generic question, also, is there an example of how to add a Microchip library into a CCS project?

Thanks.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:14 am     Reply with quote

Just use the CCS code. Though I like the Brush code (I also have it), I have also used the CCS code, and with the patches now in the code library it runs fine, and does work on the PIC24 (or it did a year ago when I tried it...).
It does depend a lot on the actual performance you need, and the time you have. The Brush code is better written for the newer PIC's than the CCS code. You can compile most MicroChip libraries, after some tweaking, but this takes time. So it'd down to whether you want to spend this time...
starfire151

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for replying.

So the latest mmcsd.c (1/21/3013), fat.c (5/15/2013), ex_mmcsd.c (6/15/2007), and ex_fat.c (1/31/2008) files should work with the PIC24s? These are the file modified dates for these files I have in my PicC directory.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am     Reply with quote

You should read the SD sticky BTW.......

Jay
starfire151

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:29 am     Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I don't know what that means.

Is there a note somewhere I should look at regarding this?

Thanks.
starfire151

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:33 am     Reply with quote

OK. I got it. I did check the Stickies but my system is 3.3VDC only. I don't need a level-translator.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:57 am     Reply with quote

If you look in the code library, you will find three important patches for the CCS code. One supports SDHC (without this the standard code cannot support this type of card). The second allows the code to support MBR formatted cards properly.
They have been assembled under a sticky at the top of the forum.
starfire151

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

OK. Thanks for that. I'll check it out.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:12 pm     Reply with quote

Actually it was the last entry I thought you should know about. A fellow CCser has their code running fine on a 24.

Jay
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:17 pm     Reply with quote

Good.
As I said, I have had it running as well.
Have in fact much modified it, adding DMA for the SPI, and now also implementing a USB MSD interface, which transfers the same data to/from a PC. Some parts of what I had to change I can give 'hints' to, but the main part is for a client. However with the code library patches the standard code did work. I had a couple of 'awkwardness's'. Wanted to make the default integer unsigned (#type unsigned), but several of the libraries fell over when I did this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: