CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Include file tabs spanning two monitors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamWebber

Include file tabs spanning two monitors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:20 pm     Reply with quote

So I've got a problem. I have too many include files and I have tabs spanning the space of two monitors. It's getting frustrating having to scroll right and left to get into the include files that I want. Is there anything in the compiler that will put tabs on multiple levels? So instead of having to scroll right to get a new tab, all tabs that exceed the size of the window would automatically be placed below the first level of tabs.

While we are at it, can the tabs remain in the placed position if I place them manually? Each time I move them, they get re-ordered when I start the program again.
jeremiah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:28 pm     Reply with quote

I don't know of anything to do with the tabs offhand, but as a workaround, you might be able to use bookmarks to jump around to specific files.

Ctrl+Shift+1 through Ctrl+Shift+9 to set the bookmarks
Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+9 to go to them.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:03 am     Reply with quote

Also, remember you can click on 'files' on the left hand vertical bar at the edge of the screen and get a vertical table, showing all the files (input and output) for the project, and select them from here. Much easier than scrolling across dozens of files...
AdamWebber

reply from CCS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:07 am     Reply with quote

I got a reply from CCS. They were very helpful. Apparently the tab stacking is already available. This will be awesome. I hope that this will help others looking for answers.

Quote:
If you go to the Options ribbon and then select the "IDE" button, it will open the IDE options dialog. On the General tab, there is a checkbox on the top right called "File Tabs span multiple rows". Check this option and click "Apply" and then "OK". This will set the editor tabs to span multiple lines instead of scrolling with the arrows. Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Evan
CCS Support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: