CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Help me find tutorial about PIC24FJ ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
talamahahahe

Help me find tutorial about PIC24FJ ???
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:19 pm     Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I am a newbie, I have studied PIC16F887 in university and now i want to learning PIC24FJ128GB106 by myself with CCS. But it is quite difficult to use function in CCS and something i don't understand clearly like how to set motor PWM, high speed, CAN, LIN. I need a tutorial or book to teach about PIC24. I was searching in web to find a tutorial like that but nothing. Please help me to find a tutorial teach about PIC24FJ in CCS which teaches and have many examples clearly.

Thank you so much.
guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:29 am     Reply with quote

I don't know of any book or tutorial like you're looking for (besides, in 5 years all the peripherals will be different Cool ) but I can give you a tip:
There are 3 places you want to look into when learning how to work with specific peripherals.
1. In the compiler folder (PICC) look under Devices and you will find something like 24FJ128GB106.h . Open this file and go over it. It will contain the specific commands and options for your PIC.
2. The second place is to download the help file (make sure it's for PCD, the 16-bit compiler, not the regular help file). The help file comes as a PDF and as a Windows .chm help file. I have it on my desktop regularly.
3. Last but not least - Microchip's data sheet of the specific PIC is where you go when all else fails Laughing
ELCouz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:48 am     Reply with quote

guy wrote:
I don't know of any book or tutorial like you're looking for (besides, in 5 years all the peripherals will be different Cool ) but I can give you a tip:
There are 3 places you want to look into when learning how to work with specific peripherals.
1. In the compiler folder (PICC) look under Devices and you will find something like 24FJ128GB106.h . Open this file and go over it. It will contain the specific commands and options for your PIC.
2. The second place is to download the help file (make sure it's for PCD, the 16-bit compiler, not the regular help file). The help file comes as a PDF and as a Windows .chm help file. I have it on my desktop regularly.
3. Last but not least - Microchip's data sheet of the specific PIC is where you go when all else fails Laughing

4. The "new" CCS Compiler book talk about some PIC24 example

http://www.ccsinfo.com/product_info.php?products_id=e3mini-book

5. Get the PIC24 only book (but its for MPLAB C , easy to translate to CCS C) it use the PIC24FJ128GA010 chip for the tutorial in the whole book

http://www.amazon.com/Programming-16-Bit-Microcontrollers-Second-Edition/dp/1856178706

Disclaimer: I own both of them

-----------
Here's my first visual theme for the CCS C Compiler. Enjoy!
talamahahahe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:05 am     Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your comment.

It's very helpful for me and i think i will use data sheet for pic. Before, i just studied tutorial at university, this tutorial is very clear and detailed, easy to understand, I read it and do ...but now with pic 24f i don't find it,.....now i get it, i will use data sheet and manual reference.

Finally, thank for your help.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 am     Reply with quote

The other thing that is critical (and unfortunately complex...) when dealing with the PIC24/30, is the huge application notes for every peripheral. There are a total of about thirty of these, and for every one that you are using, these need to be read. The data sheet will refer you to them.
At heart they are 'essential reading'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: