CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Sd card 1gb, 18F4550 spi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bru.balazs

Sd card 1gb, 18F4550 spi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:13 am     Reply with quote

Hello
I need example program. I use spi mode. I have 18f4550, and 1 GB sd card. My program read only "0".
Can you help everyone? Thankyou for your help.
My program:
Code:

setup_spi(SPI_MASTER | SPI_SCK_IDLE_LOW | SPI_CLK_T2 | SPI_SAMPLE_AT_END | SPI_XMIT_L_TO_H);

mmc_init();

for(int32 i = 1; i<=500000;i++)
  {
   mmc_read_byte( i, SD_data);

if(SD_data != 0x0000)
     {
      Y_koord=200;
      X_koord++;
      FillArea(X_koord, Y_koord, 5,5, SD_data);
      delay_ms(8);
     }
  }         
}
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 am     Reply with quote

Almost certainly not.... Twisted Evil

Try searching here.

How is the card interfaced to the chip?.

Go here:
<http://www.smallridge.com.au/index.php?page=projects#HWREF>

Load the 184620 reference design for Ethernet.

Now look at how the SD card is connected. Is your's connected like this?.

To drive the SD card with a 5v PIC, _requires_ (not optional), some form of level translator chip for the signals from the card to the PIC. There are (sadly) dozens of circuits on the web, that omit this. These will not work.
Then you need certain signals pulled up to ensure the card wakes up in the right mode, and also that the data line floats high when not connected, and resistive dividers _or_ another translator for the signals the other way.

This has been covered literally hundreds of times here. People who do the interface correctly (or use a 3.3v PIC), have working circuits. People without these, have problems.

You also don't show how you are programming Timer2 (which determines your SPI rate). The SPI must wake up at a slow speed, and only switch up to full speed once the card is programmed. The rate must be below 400KHz, and should be 100KHz or greater (some cards have problems if you are below this), for the initialisation. After this, the rate can go as fast as the PIC can handle.
You also can't just read data from the card like this. It needs initialisation _first_. Look at the supplied MMC/SD examples, and how they setup the card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: