CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Data sending from microcontroller using gprs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hayee

Data sending from microcontroller using gprs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:01 am     Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My project is to develop a system which read some parameters in microcontroller and then send this data to web server using gprs modem.
I have to use HTTP as a protocol.
I have worked on pic microcontrollers and used a gsm modem for sending and receiving sms from/in microcontrollers.
I have no idea and never use gprs and http protocol before.
Can anyone guide me, form where i should start? what are the prerequisite which i have to study before starting the project?

Thanks and best regards
temtronic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:47 am     Reply with quote

Hmm.. well you need to choose a PIC and GPRS modem first ! Be sure they are compatible!! Most(all) modems are 3 volt device so choose an 'L' version PIC. That will allow pin to pin connections( NO logic level translations ).

Once you have the hardware, allow for 1 I/O pin to have an LED attached. Cut a simple '1 Hz LED' program and confirm your code works.

read the modem datasheet ! Some can draw more than 1 amp of current so be sure to design the power supply accordingly.

I'd then cut code to 'read some parameters' and transmit them to a PC via a serial port. Nowadays you need a TTLUSB module ($2) to talk to a PC.
Once this is working THEN cut code for the modem.....
This way you KNOW the hardware works, that the PIC does works and that the overall 'function' of the program is OK.
If the 'final' program doesn't work correctly then you know th eproblem is in the 'modem section'.

Also, whenever you change/add code, copy the old working program to a new one, make changes there,test/save,repeat as necessary. Do not make a lot of changes per test! This way you can always go back 1-2-3 program versions and try again.

Jay
hayee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 pm     Reply with quote

thanks temtronic for your reply
I have already done the communication between modem and pic and shows some result on serial port.
Now what i want is to send data form microcontroller to the web server using modem gprs in http protocol.
Kindly guide me in this scenario

Thanks and best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: