CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

18f4685 problem with Proteus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ftrax

18f4685 problem with Proteus
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 am     Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm developing a software with PIC18f4685. I'm using CCS for the code and compilation and Proteus to simulate the software. Working with this software I found a huge mistake and I want to share it with you. In Proteus, the family PIC 18f46XX are wrong, they consider the Vpp pin as an always digital output and this is an always digital input!!!

So you know, if you want to use the 18f46XX family PIC, if you use Proteus, the pin 1 is wrong, is considered as an output pin always.

I hope this information may help Wink
drolleman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:52 am     Reply with quote

go to proteus web site. this one no longer allows questions regarding proteus. there are too many errors with it. simulators at best are a poor replacement for the real thing. even if you use a bread board you will be far ahead.
ftrax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:24 am     Reply with quote

drolleman wrote:
go to proteus web site. this one no longer allows questions regarding proteus. there are too many errors with it. simulators at best are a poor replacement for the real thing. even if you use a bread board you will be far ahead.

Yes drolleman, if you read my comment I don't make a question, I'm explaining a fact if someone may be interested in. I sent a warning to proteus support but I want to inform in order to help.

Yes, I know that testing software in a board in real life it's the best, but simulators may help at the begining, in the first step to put some order in the chaos.

I only want to help, I don't do any question because I know that is CCS general discussion, I know the difference between CCS and proteus and I know that many CCS users use Proteus so maybe someone will find useful my comment.

Wink
drolleman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:55 am     Reply with quote

there are so many problems in proteus I wouldn't even call it an alpha product. you will be chasing bugs that don't exist.
ftrax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:20 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, I know you're completely right but sometimes I need test my software and I don't have the infrastucture or the time to design or mount a board with the correct components. Therefore work with simulators is useful and Proteus is the best I know nowadays and if you know that exists a lot of bugs in Proteus you won't be crazy. CCS have a lot of bugs also but I consider the best PIC programming software because is easy to use.

If you know better simulator, please, let me know! Meanwhile I will notice the bugs I found in Proteus if this information may help someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: