CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC18 and ENC464J600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfaec

PIC18 and ENC464J600
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14 am     Reply with quote

Hi

I'm searching source code for CCS PIC18 compiler that will be able to interface Microchip ENC464J600 10/100 Ethernet Interface.
Is there anyone who has developed for this chip?

Thank you very much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:51 am     Reply with quote

Code for the enc28j60 is supplied with the ccs Ethernet Dev kit.
asmallri

Re: PIC18 and ENC464J600
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:29 pm     Reply with quote

alfaec wrote:
Hi

I'm searching source code for CCS PIC18 compiler that will be able to interface Microchip ENC464J600 10/100 Ethernet Interface.
Is there anyone who has developed for this chip?

Thank you very much

I have developed with this controller. There is no PIC18F family member today capable of fully utilizing 10M Ethernet capacity today let alone 100M Ethernet. This is one reason you rarely see the ENCx24J600 family used with PIC18F processors.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
hemnath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:17 am     Reply with quote

hi asmallri,

I'm interfacing enc28j60 with pic18.

Can you please share your enc28j60 code.

It will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.
RF_Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 am     Reply with quote

asmallri wrote:
There is no PIC18F family member today capable of fully utilizing 10M Ethernet capacity today let alone 100M Ethernet.

True... but these days its getting increasingly common to find network infrastructure that doesn't support 10M Ethernet. For these applications 100M is the minimum requirement. This is my motivation for using ENC424J600 with PIC 18F: to update a LAN interface for a product where some customers can't cope with 10M anymore.

The 18F series will support 100M, but clearly cannot utilise anywhere near that bandwidth. That doesn't rule out 18Fs for 100M use, any more than it did for 10M use, which they also cannot fully utilise. It just limits the range applications for to which they can be put.
oxo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:47 am     Reply with quote

RF_Developer wrote:
asmallri wrote:
There is no PIC18F family member today capable of fully utilizing 10M Ethernet capacity today let alone 100M Ethernet.

True... but these days its getting increasingly common to find network infrastructure that doesn't support 10M Ethernet. For these applications 100M is the minimum requirement. This is my motivation for using ENC424J600 with PIC 18F: to update a LAN interface for a product where some customers can't cope with 10M anymore.

Hi RFDev,

Does the current CCS library support the ENC424J600? I have the library from 2012, and I understand it's been updated.

Oxo
RF_Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:41 am     Reply with quote

I can't say. I've always used the Microchip stack. The CCS stack lags many, many versions behind the Microchip offering. I hear the CCS stack has recently (for some version 5.0XX) been updated, but I haven't tried it.
oxo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:43 am     Reply with quote

RF_Developer wrote:
I can't say. I've always used the Microchip stack. The CCS stack lags many, many versions behind the Microchip offering. I hear the CCS stack has recently (for some version 5.0XX) been updated, but I haven't tried it.

Thanks,

Is it straightforward to use?
asmallri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:36 am     Reply with quote

RF_Developer wrote:

However to be fair, the Microchip stack is unstable. Features without code stability == No value

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!

Last edited by asmallri on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RF_Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:18 am     Reply with quote

asmallri wrote:
RF_Developer wrote:

However to be fair, the Microchip stack is very very unstable. Features without code stability == No value

I didn't make or imply any statement about stability or features. My usage of the Microchip stack is through inheritance not my positive choice. There again, I have not experienced any significant instability with it. So, while it would not ordinarily be my first choice - I prefer CCS C to any Microchip C - I do not have any positive reason to change, especially when one or two of those "dodgy" features (web page related) that I am required to use, are, to the best of my knowledge, not available in the CCS version of the stack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: