CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Why ccs lcd driver is so bad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muhammad Nouman

Why ccs lcd driver is so bad
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:09 am     Reply with quote

hi i am using ccs compiler from many years now .. i also used many compilers along with it .. but only problem i often face is the lcd doesn't work .. why it is .. why why why some time this problem makes u feel like u don't know anything of programming .. Sad
ckielstra

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:11 am     Reply with quote

I feel sorry for you. We all had those times that things that should work just didn't work. Very frustrating.

If you want us to help you you will have to post a small program demonstrating your problem. Make the program small, maximum about 40 lines and the program should be complete so we can copy/paste it into our compiler.
Tell us what is working and what isn't.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:13 am     Reply with quote

While I've never had a problem with the CCS driver, I normally use the 'flex LCD driver' that PCM programmer coded and uploaded to the 'code library'.
As it's more 'flexible' most guys here probably use it.

Some of the usual problems with LCD modules are ...

1) NOT having a delay_ms(500); BEFORE the lcd_init(); function.This delay is necessary to allow the LCD module time to 'get organised' BEFORE the PIC accesses it the first time.

2) miswiring of the LCD to the PIC.Easy to do when you decide to change the hardware of the PIC..

3) incorrect contrast adjustment. That's the voltage needed on pin 3. typically about .5 volts but varies from mfr/make of LCD.

4)wrong defines for the LCD pins.Although the driver has a set of default pins, if your hardware doesn't use them OR you don't predefine your set, the driver won't function correctly.

hth
jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: