CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

SD Card Lite Driver from brushelectronics.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johanpret

SD Card Lite Driver from brushelectronics.com
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm     Reply with quote

I use this Driver with Version 4 of the CCS compiler with success but with Version 5.024 it does not work. With #opt compress switched on in Version 5.024 its even worse. Does anyone use this driver with success in Version 5 of the CCS Compiler?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 am     Reply with quote

The program you are referring to is closed source, so only other people who bought this product can help you.
First thought is that for this kind of problems you contact the supplier for support. Have you tried contacting Brush Electronics? I have heard from other people he is always very helpful.
johanpret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:19 am     Reply with quote

I did contact Brush Electronics but they don't have Version 5 of the compiler and he suggested that I ask on the forum so that we can see if there is someone else on the forum with version 5 and the SD card driver.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 am     Reply with quote

Ask Brush Electronics if they can download the 45-day demo from CCS
and test their SD card driver with it. http://www.ccsinfo.com/compdemo.php

Ideally, they should install the demo on a separate PC that is not their
main development PC. That's because I have found the demo interferes
with my main installation of the command line compiler. To completely
get the demo off my system, I had to manually clean it out of the registry
and in an Application data folder. It was not fun. At least suggest to
Brush that they install it on a completely separate PC.
newguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 am     Reply with quote

Sometimes CCS will do something that has an adverse effect on things. I too am a customer of Brush Electronics (full SD card drivers), and I've used those drivers in quite a few different things.

Once I migrated to a dsPIC and the PCD compiler, I started having trouble with the SD card functionality. I found I could always write files to the SD card but reading them was hit & miss (mostly miss). Turns out the problem (and it took me a very long time to find) was twofold: I had missed a declaration for a data type in the original driver when I copied it over to the (new) dsPIC project, and, more troubling, the compiler didn't throw an error or a warning when it encountered the unknown type.

I'd recommend that you do a search for every data type in use in the driver to ensure that every one of them is defined somewhere. I speak from experience: CCS didn't flag an unknown type as far back as 4.141, so it's possible that it's not yet fixed in 5.xxx.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 am     Reply with quote

Forget about worrying about V5.

V5, is not that different. More a tidy up of the last working V4 code. It adds a few things now, and (touch wood), the last few versions seem to slowly be fixing a few long term problems with the CCS code, but no major changes.

I've been using the Brush code, and went straight from compiling with 4.141, to 5.009, and it all kept working fine, There were some other problems introduced with this version, but they have since been fixed. Progressed through various 5.0xx versions, and now using 5.023, compiled an update using the Brush code only a few days ago, and it worked fine.

Best Wishes
johanpret

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Ttelmah,

I just tested with version 5.009 and it is working but there is other bugs in 5.009. Is it possible for you to test with 5.024 and maybe see what is wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:12 am     Reply with quote

The classic one up to about 5.012, is the GIE bit getting disabled. CCS made a real snarl up of the handling of this in printf statements, disabling it, then storing the current value, performing the printf, and then setting it back to the stored value. Since it was disabled before it was stored, GIE gets turned off....
johanpret

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 am     Reply with quote

I tested the driver work up to version 5.016 and now its working in version 5.025 again. I did not test version 5.017 to 5.019 but 5.020 to 5.024 it does not work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:25 pm     Reply with quote

I had the same problem with this SD card driver, it did not work with 5.020 to 5.024. There are some other problems with 5.025 (OLED with fonts saved on ROM not working any more).
But 5.018 works fine for me, so I'm using this version only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: