CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

24FJ ADC output data format

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperDave

24FJ ADC output data format
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Chip info says I can right shift or left shift the 10 bit output, signed or unsigned, in 16 bits.

The header file, 24FJ32GB002.h shows no constants for this that I can find and the help file pcd.chm shows nothing either.

Do I have to write to AD1CON1<9:8> directly? The choices in the 24FJ header file look woefully inadequate for the sophistication of the 24FJ chip.

Ideas welcome.

Last edited by SuperDave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Walne

Re: 24FC ADC output data format
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 pm     Reply with quote

SuperDave wrote:
Chip info says I can right shift or left shift the 10 bit output, signed or unsigned, in 16 bits.

The header file, 24FJ32GB002.h shows no constants for this that I can find and the help file pcd.chm shows nothing either.

Do I have to write to AD1CON1<9:8> directly? The choices in the 24FJ header file look woefully inadequate for the sophistication of the 24FJ chip.

Ideas welcome.
I don't use 24F parts, but for 16F and 18 parts you don't worry about which register holds the ADC data.
Simply declaring #device ADC=8 or ADC=10 gives you the number of bits that read_adc() returns.
The compiler takes care of everything for you.

Or am I answering the wrong question?

Mike
SuperDave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

My experience on PIC16 and PIC18 only needed 8 bits so even though some chips allow 10 bits to be right or left shifted in the 16 bit result I didn't need it and didn't worry about how to do it.

The PIC24 I'm using allows both right and left shift and signed and unsigned. I need left signed (twos complement). While I could do it in code, that's a lot of code for something that should come out of the chip on demand. It looks like I have to set the AD1CON1 register directly but I'm surprised that it isn't a choice at a higher level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: