CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Color sensors with pic-choices.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranii

Color sensors with pic-choices.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:57 pm     Reply with quote

Continuing my other question, we want to check a few things on the lab, and I found the color sensor of Sparkfun:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10701

It uses I2C, that i know most of the pics have, but i have heard its some kind of a story to calibrate it every time.

Did someone work with it before ? The code they put there for pic seems quite a mess, I wonder if its simpler with ccs c.

There is also their other board which has 3 analog outputs and is far more easy I guess, but its problem is that you can't find anywhere its resolution, not even in the data sheet, which is a red light for me:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10904

As suggested here Hamamatsu has also a nice one, that works little bit simply, and after a basic calibration, gets 36 clocks and gives 12bits outputs.
https://www1.elfa.se/data1/wwwroot/assets/datasheets/S9706_eng_TDS.pdf

Which one you think is better and simpler of these, and did someone work with one of them or similar, and can anyone direct me to some code to check ?
Also, I guess almost every pic, including the 16 family will do the work ?

Thanks a lot !
ezflyr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:30 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

This is a forum for users of the CCS 'C' compiler. In this thread, and the other thread you started on the same topic, you never say anything about
PIC microcontrollers or the CCS 'C' compiler. I conclude, therefore, that this is simply a general purpose inquiry, and it has nothing to do with the subject
matter of the forum. If so, you really need to take your questions elsewhere...

If I'm wrong, please post your compiler version number. It's in the form of 4.xxx or 5.xxx, and can be found at the top of a .lst file after a successful compilation.....

Thanks,

John
ranii

John
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:52 pm     Reply with quote

John , my question is regarding the use of I2C with pic mcu , and as you know hardware and software are connected and work best together .
If you read my question you would see that i was looking for a ccs c code for the I2C ,you better read full posts before jumping to conclusions.

Most of the questions in this forum are on pic's mcu, their hardware configurations and problems,and pinouts . as so , i cant see the definition between hardware and software as true , and think that a question like that (among 1000's of them here) are very helpful to the decision how do you connect hardware and software together . not everything is about syntax of ccs-c. (and why not? )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: