CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Uart Over IP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simo_colo

Uart Over IP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:11 am     Reply with quote

Hi, i'm new, i'm going to write a new program. i need a example to use enc28j60 and pic with tcp/ip stack. i read all documentation of microchip tcp/ip stack but i did't found online any example of simple webserver.
i read that exist an "example 15" or similar of ccs compiler were i can download it?
tnx
Simone
ezflyr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

You can't 'download' it, at least legally. CCS supplies a number of example programs with every compiler purchase. These examples are installed on
your computer when the compiler is installed.

A program called 'Example 15' sounds more like one of the exercises supplied with a CCS development kit. You'd need to buy the development
kit (eg. the Embedded Ethernet Dev. Kit) to get these examples. AFAIK, they aren't distributed with the compiler alone.

I would have to say that your proposed project is not a good choice for a beginner. You need to start out with something much simpler, and then
build from there!

Do you actually own the CCS 'C' compiler?

John
simo_colo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 am     Reply with quote

Hi John, i work every day with CCS C compiler regular bought! i write fw for home and building automation, and now i want project an uart over ip to to bus.
my prefer pic is 18f25k22, 18f4550 etc.
now i need working with lan interface and i like to use CCS, i don't understand why if i want use it i need buy the development kit! so i think that i will use another compiler because there isn't any library to work with enc28j60, w5100 w5300, or similar.

Simone
dyeatman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 am     Reply with quote

Just so you know, we are just customers like you are and threatening to go
to another compiler doesn't do much here.

That being said, did you, by any chance, look at the full list of examples that
came with your compiler?
http://www.ccsinfo.com/devices.php?page=exlist

Did you notice there is at least one Webserver and one SMTP Sendmail example in that list?

Being a registered compiler user, If you don't have the CCS version of the
TCPIP stack, contact CCS Support and they would likely send it to you.
There are LOTS of docs and examples with that!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 am     Reply with quote

dyeatman wrote:
Just so you know, we are just customers like you are and threatening to go
to another compiler doesn't do much here.

That being said, did you, by any chance, look at the full list of examples that
came with your compiler?
http://www.ccsinfo.com/devices.php?page=exlist

Did you notice there is at least one Webserver and one SMTP Sendmail example in that list?

Being a registered compiler user, If you don't have the CCS version of the
TCPIP stack, contact CCS Support and they would likely send it to you.
There are LOTS of docs and examples with that!
asmallri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:38 am     Reply with quote

simo_colo wrote:
Hi John, i work every day with CCS C compiler regular bought! i write fw for home and building automation, and now i want project an uart over ip to to bus.
my prefer pic is 18f25k22, 18f4550 etc.
now i need working with lan interface and i like to use CCS, i don't understand why if i want use it i need buy the development kit! so i think that i will use another compiler because there isn't any library to work with enc28j60, w5100 w5300, or similar.

Simone

The two PICs you prefer to use are not very good choices for use with stack applications. Stack applications are generally characterized as using lots of program memory and RAM. If you look at the PIC18F97Jxx family (those with embedded Etherent controllers) you will notice that ALL of the family members have more program memory and RAM than the ones you are looking at.

If you MUST use the PIC18 family, consider products with 64K (preferably 128K) pf program memory and 3900 bytes of RAM.

If you are not tied to the PIC18 family then the PIC24 is a much better platform for numerous reasons not just because they offer significantly more RAM and program memory.

If you are not ties to the ENC28J60 then consider the ENCx24J600 family of Ethernet controllers. They are easier to implement, support 10/100 (works with devices that are not backward compatible with 10M Ethernet) and require less resources from the PIC.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: