CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Help Need to interface GMS Module SIM900D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihsanbu

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Help Need to interface GMS Module SIM900D
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 am     Reply with quote

Dear Friends

I require The Sample & Tested Code of PIC18F452 and GMS SIM900D interfacing. I need to ON/OFF bit of microcontroller as well as read the one of input switch status.

regard
ihsan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

There are a number of GSM/SMS related projects that have been discussed here on the forum over the years. If you look carefully, there is even some complete, working code. The reality is that this is a "help" forum, and no one is willing to do your work for you. You might look in the Code Library for some SMS code by forum user 'Gabriel', and you might read this thread: http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50134&highlight=sim900

At a minimum, you really need to provide us with this information if you have any hope of getting your project to work:

1. Your schematic
2. Your compiler version
3. A clear, in-focus photo of your hardware

There are hardware considerations, as well as software considerations with a project like this, so you need to take things in the proper order!

Thanks,

John
ihsanbu

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

GSM : SMS based Relay controlling & Input sw reading
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:42 pm     Reply with quote

hi

Thank you for your prompt response in this regard. Really i am here in tough condition due to GSM in my project.

My circuits is much simple.

GMS Module SIM 900D is connected with RS 232 IC to Microcontroller PIC18F452.

Now I want help that

1- Send SMS from Cell to Embedded GSM System,
Simple it will make any BIT ON/OFF via SMS from cell.
2- The system send SMS whenever press Switch mean Bit low or high.

In Simple world is that SMS based relay Switch and Input key reading concept. Sir if you have working sample code than Please send ....me

regard &Thank in advance
ihsan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 pm     Reply with quote

You didn't give any new information nor did you provide information on a single one of the 3 issues John said we like to see (that is to say, for me a photo of the hardware is not very important).

Also, John already told you this is a 'help' forum; that means we are here to help you when you run into specific problems of your project but we are not going to do your work for you. If you even don't want to spend some effort to search this forum, then why should we spent time on helping you?
John has given you a few hints for creating your own circuit, I'm not going to repeat them. If you want to receive a complete and tested solution then I suggest you buy a complete product from the store or hire someone to make it for you.
ezflyr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm     Reply with quote

Hi ckielstra,

A request for a photo of the hardware may seem strange, but when I have any suspicion at all, I like to request this to avoid being inadvertently dragged down a "Proteus rathole".......

Hi ihsanbu,

Can you post a link to your SIM900 module? The SIM900 itself has a TTL level interface and could be connected directly to your PIC if they share the same, correct operating voltage. It sounds like your SIM900 may be on some sort of a breakout board containing additional level shifting components? Again, post a link!

Once your PIC <--> SIM900 hardware interface is correct, you need to program the PIC to send 'AT' to the SIM900, and see if you get the correct response. Learn to walk before you can run!

Keep in mind that *most* GSM modems utilize a serial interface, and communicate with the host via 'AT' commands. The code I mentioned in the Code Library uses a different modem, but is easily adaptable to your needs. I have a complete commercial solution that unfortunately I can't share, but I can offer code snippets, help and encouragement along the way based on this work. The bottom line is that you need to do the heavy lifting on this project!

John
ihsanbu

SIM900D Interfacing help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm     Reply with quote

Please see my circuit pic http://timesavers.pk/?pid=26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 am     Reply with quote

Hi ihsanbu,

That link wasn't particularly helpful..... In order to successfully interface the SIM900 to your PIC, it's necessary to understand exactly what you've got - is it the 'raw' SIM900 module, or is it on some sort of an interface board....??? To do that, you need a datasheet or schematic for the 'module' that shows and/or describes the electrical connections. Without this, no one is going to be able to help you.....

We aren't mind-readers, and we don't have crystal balls to magically obtain this missing information...... If you are serious about this project, you must help us by conveniently providing this information to us. If you can't do that, then I don't think anyone is going to be willing to help you!

My guess, based on the photos, is that you've actually got two boards. One is a breakout board that the actual SIM900 is mounted to, and the second is an 'interface' board that contains a power supply and RS232 converter. You'd use both together to test the SIM900 with your PC, but only the 2nd board when interfacing the SIM900 with your PIC.

John
Gabriel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:21 am     Reply with quote

Sending me a PM asking for code, while showing no actual attempt at coding, is not going to help you much either...

even if i actually had time to test and post my updated code you would still have do adjustments for your specific module...
(i know is said id post and update a long time ago.. sorry)

people here, including my self, often use the word "driver"...

insert_meme_reference()
{
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means
}

G.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: