CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RF Modules with pic 16f
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iyed

RF Modules with pic 16f
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 am     Reply with quote

Hi, I bought two RF modules and it has beeen a very exhausting week since i've been trying to establish a wireless communication between two pics 16f84a I tried with arduino and it worked I used the Virtual Wire library and it's really good but now i'm trying to get this to work on 16f84a so can any one help me get this right or is there at least a library similar to virtual Wire on pic

PS: The emmiter is FS1000A and the receiver is XY-MK-5V
asmboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:11 am     Reply with quote

There is no DC restoration in the receiver.
These are best with an NRZ type code, and very poor with TTL RS-232 signals.
Iyed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 am     Reply with quote

I didn't understand a thing you said, could you please give me an easier reply.

+++++++++++++++++++
Iyed,

CCS forum is primarily about CCS compiler.
Circuits are discussed, but use http://www.google.com
to learn electronics.

- Forum Moderator
+++++++++++++++++++
gpsmikey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:53 pm     Reply with quote

There are a number of things out there, both RF as well as IR types that do not handle signals where there is not a continuous stream of 1's and 0's in a format where you don't get either all 1's or all 0's as part of the stream - without "DC restoration" these types of things get "lost" if the signal stays on one state for a period of time. Search for NRZ and you will understand more about what asmboy was saying.

mikey
Mike Walne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 am     Reply with quote

It can be regarded as a software issue.

Try sending 50% duty square wave from TX to RX, over a range of frequencies.

See what happens.

Mike
Iyed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 am     Reply with quote

what i need is data transferring as i did with arduino which worked as a charm but i need it to be running on PIC 16f microcontroller , and for the nrz coding i undersand that the problem is software and i need to code my data but how do implement that in a ccs code to make it work ?
RF_Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 am     Reply with quote

Iyed wrote:
...and for the nrz coding i undersand that the problem is software and i need to code my data but how do implement that in a ccs code to make it work ?

In the same way as you'd implement it for any microcontroller where there wasn't a library to do it for you. It is not a CCS problem, but as you say a general software problem.
asmboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 am     Reply with quote

waveforms and info here:

http://www.picosecond.com/objects/AN-12.pdf
Iyed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 am     Reply with quote

I'm not trying to understand all this, I only need a working library. If anyone used these modules before, can he demonstrate the code that he used, because I'm starting to think that i bought those for nothing.
Iyed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 am     Reply with quote

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_VirtualWire.html
Something like this but for pic would be perfect !!
Mike Walne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am     Reply with quote

You've got the wrong idea.

This is a help you forum, not a do it for you one.

Basically:-

1) You write your own code.
2) When (if) you get stuck, you ask for help.
3) Someone here will be willing to help.

We are not going to do coding for you.

Mike
Iyed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 am     Reply with quote

Yes i know what kind of forum this is and believe me I've tried a lot of codes. I came here as a last resort what i essentially did was communicating with the two PICs as there is a RX/TX connection (rs232). But there was no data at the receiver. I thought my code would be useless so i did not copy/paste it.
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:57 am     Reply with quote

If you've actually got 2 PICs talking to each other using RS232, then you're 99% done.

You now have 2 options

1) Take the 'virtual wire' source code and convert to CCS C code. Fairly easy to do IF you understand the original source and CCS C. Depending on source code, your level of knowledge, etc. it could be as little as a night or maybe a month to cut the new 'driver'.

2) buy 'seamless' TTL-RF transceiver modules. These take TTL level serial data (aka UART data) and send via RF. Two well known units are 'XBEE' and RFDigital. Yes, they cost more BUT work out of the box!

In the 'wireless' communications scene you get what you pay for.XBEE modules are about $20 each require no programming expertise, no 'timing' issues,'up and running' in minutes. You can 'roll your own' (simple LED and phototransistor) for less than a buck but spend hours or days cutting code, perfecting hardware issues, etc.

The choice is up to you..as the designer. Spend $$ up front for parts but no labour and quickly get the product out the door or spend very little in parts but a LOT of man hours.

it's up to you.

As a manufacturer of custom circuits, I chose #2
As a hobbyist I chose #2

hth
jay
asmboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm not trying to understand all this, I only need a working library.

Ahh, you much clearer now.

You only want results, but do not care for the nuisance of details that real understanding brings. I posted a link to a white paper that would help you understand your problem. Your response leaves me cool to any further effort on your behalf.

Unfortunately ( for you) , the people who have been trying to help you , and who might have insights and or code that works, all started out
by seeking the understanding that you dismiss as being unessential.

You want the results, but not the responsibility to understand those results? Say for a grade in a course and to then move on to the next cribbing exercise?

As such, in the real world of design, people with attitudes like yours
are a menace, and a clear and present danger to others if you end up making actual products.

I suspect you are a student, but better you should honestly fail with that attitude and seek some other line of work more suited to your stunning lack of curiosity. good luck with your efforts Very Happy
Iyed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 pm     Reply with quote

thanks asmboy that's charming but this is a hobby for me and i know for sure that trying to understand every single detail of it will drag me away from my studies so i only try to get things working not meaning that i don't want to get to know how but i prefer not to go deeper in those stuff and undersanding what benefits me , but let me tell you that not people like me who are a shame for our society but it is people like you who refuse to reach hands for the needy ones and regard those with less knowledge as if they were meaningless ,let me tell you that i appruciated your little help at first but it was beyond my abilities to understandd such things that's why i was hoping for a clearer explanation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: