CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Function Symbols

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prondeau

Function Symbols
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm     Reply with quote

Perhaps there is an option I need to enable but when I compile my project, if I look under Symbols on the Project window I see Variables, Tyedefs, Enumerators and Defines. I don't see Functions or Prototypes like I usually see on other projects.

Additionally, "Go to Locator" is capable of finding variable definitions but it won't find functions. If I choose Go To.. i do see the functions there in a drop down. "Enable Tag locators" is enabled and set to update on recompile. My project compiles and runs properly on the target hardware. Chip is a pic18F46J50 and compiler version 4.140.

Any ideas?
SherpaDoug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am     Reply with quote

Could it be that your functions have been inlined and no longer exist as discreet entities?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm     Reply with quote

I wouldn't think so but I guess anything is possible. If I right click on a function and choose "Go To..." All the functions are visible there in the "Select a Function Definition" Drop down box.
prondeau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 pm     Reply with quote

Another new development.
When my project was quite small all the prototypes were at the top of my main C code file.

As the project has grown, I have moved all the prototypes off to a separate header file.

In the process I have also incorporated the serial2 usb example code into my project.

At this time, all of my prototypes now show up, but none of the functions they target are listed in the function section.

Strangely, however, all of the prototypes AND functions added by the usb_cdc code do show up. ????
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:03 pm     Reply with quote

Put your real function definitions in front of where they are used. If you think about the USB code, the prototypes, _and_ definitions are both placed in front of the 'main' code.
The compiler knows how to look for later definitions, MPLAB doesn't.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: