CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS compiler settings for file including

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoyanoff

CCS compiler settings for file including
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:43 am     Reply with quote

Hi! I have a problem. I'm using CCS Compiler v4.134, TCP IP stack v30_November_06 and MPLAB v8.33. I'm creating a project with MPLAB and I'm setting the compiler to be CCS. I put all necessary files into 1 folder. I'm loading the files into the project but when I tried to compile the compiler is looking for files in his main directory. In build options I didn't set any directories. The commands I'm using for including files lead only to the directory with the project files. When I'm compiling an example project (ex7,8,9 and so on) with PCW everything is OK. But in MPLAB it causes a problem. I don't think in the TCPIP stack there are include directives leading to the main directory of the complier.
Where I have to set this include setting so the compiler to use only the files into the project folder???
Thanks!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 am     Reply with quote

I think this is an MPLAB question, not CCS.....

Right click on the project.
Build options.
Directories.
Include search path
Library search path

These define 'where' MPLAB looks.

Best Wishes
stoyanoff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 am     Reply with quote

These options are empty. I didn't set anything there. I tried to set the folder the project - no effect? I tried to do the same changes in the pcw - no result.
Can you explain how the ccs finds its files, because I have the same problem even if I load the main.c file into PCW and again it doesn't find the correct files??
Thanks!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 am     Reply with quote

Yes, they are empty by default - MPLAB uses it's own defaults, but you just select 'new', and click on the little button that appears with three dots on it, and you can then browse to the location you want to find the files in. MPLAB then adds these locations to where it searches.

In the basic compiler (not running in MPLAB), if built as a 'project', this includes the locations where stuff is to be searched for.

If running command line, without this, then it uses the path.

Best Wishes
stoyanoff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 am     Reply with quote

I've runned a few test and the problem into the loaded files. They don't communicate right. I'm trying to load TCPIP stack and SD card stack in one project. But when I load first the TCPIP next SD card I receive an error in 18Cxxx.h. If I reverse them I have an error in stacktsk.h. I'm not doing it right. There is something extra which I have to change (not only to stop the device settings in one of the stacks).
Do you know what is it??
I'm far away from the idea it's impossible to be done, just I don't know how.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 am     Reply with quote

See this current thread on the main page, which is about projects with
multiple files:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49058
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: