CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Graphic LCD help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chibi41

Graphic LCD help!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:42 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

Its my first time using graphic lcd. When I search for the example of glcd application, mostly it uses pic16f877a and pic18f452 only. So, is it posibble for me to use pic18f4550? What is the important thing that we should know about the graphic lcd? Anyone?

Thank you Smile
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am     Reply with quote

CCS supplied code, is organised into two different 'parts'.
The parts are:
1) Drivers. These don't contain _any_ chip definitions in general (except for things like USB, where different chip versions have different hardware support needed). The only chip specific features, are normally a 'header' part, where the pins to be used are defined.
2) Examples. The are just what they say. Examples. Show how to load/use the driver, and are usually setup to work with just a couple of chips - typically the commonest ones supplied on the standard prototyping boards. They usually try to show actually 'doing something' with the chip.

So, the standard proceedure, is to start with the chip you are using, and generate a simple 'program' file, with the required fuses, clock settings, etc. etc.. Then look at the 'example', and copy the code used to load and initialise the driver. Then modify the pins used on the driver to match your hardware. Try to do something simple to begin with. Literally just draw some text, and a couple of symbols. Only once you have got the interface to work, progress to starting on your main code.

Now, all this assumes the 'graphic LCD' you are using, is one similar to the one supported in the GLCD.C driver file.

The 4550, will support using the same pin-out as the 452, or you can change this if you want to use the pins for something else. The only changes needed from the existing example, are the fuses for the chip, which will depend on your hardware.

Best Wishes
chibi41

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 am     Reply with quote

Thank you Ttelmah for the information.Smile..I'd checked the drivers for my glcd is ST7920 and in ccs, the driver used is HDM64GS12, KS0108 and so on but the driver for my glcd is not included. i guess it will be a big problem for me. is there any way to solve this? i should checked the type of driver is availabled before i buy it. -sigh- Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: