CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC duplicator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sahu77

PIC duplicator
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:23 am     Reply with quote

Any have build this PIC duplicator.http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26816&highlight=pic+duplicator
i want to build it for pic 16f676\16f72 can help me .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:21 pm     Reply with quote

Not a direct answer to your query, but if you are just trying to easily program multiple PICs, I believe that you can actually have Microchip pre-program your PICs for a small fee?

It was a while ago that I found the info, and can't find it at the moment, but it seemed to me at the time that if you were happy with your code and ready for production (however limited), the costs involved were extremely minimal, and there didn't seem to be any setup charges?

To me, it would be much easier, faster, and safer, to get them professionaly programmed by the manufacturer, so all you have to do is solder them in. Seemed at the time that it was very cost effective, but maybe I missed some fine print?
RoGuE_StreaK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:38 pm     Reply with quote

OK, found it; it's under MicrochipDirect, it may depend on your country as to whether it's available to you.

As an example, for me, in Australia, to program some PIC24FJ64's, roughly speaking the chip itself is $4 or so for 1-25, and programming for those numbers is about $0.12 each chip, plus a couple of cents if you want a dot or label for your own sorting purposes. Setup fee of about $30, and minimum order of about $60.

So if you want to duplicate the chips for production purposes, to me the above seems to be a much more cost-effective method, and much less time consuming.

http://www.microchipdirect.com/programming/FAQNew.aspx
temtronic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:22 pm     Reply with quote

You can easily program 1,000 pcs per month using a Picstart programmer or the newer units($50) so I don't see the need for a 'duplicator'. Figure out the R&D time spent on the project! You can easily spend a week or two of costly labour !A new programmer is only $50, that's 1/2hr of my time.As already posted though, Microchip will burn PICs for a very reasonable cost.
However if you do it 'in house' then any revisions can easily be made with no loss of product,downtime,recalls, etc.
It's up to you to do the math and calculate the true costs of inside(you) vs. Microchip.
Just be sure to include ALL the costs !!
ckielstra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 am     Reply with quote

Or have a look at the Microchip website for Programmer Partners. Even CCS is in that list with three different programmer tools.

For low quantities you could even use the Microchip PICkit2/3 with the Programmer-To-Go function. Load the firmware once into the PICkit, then whenever you have to program a board you connect to the ICSP connector and press the button on the PICkit. Only problem is the quality of the connectors and cables, that's why I recommend it for low quantities only. Costs US$45
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: