CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

16F676 based SMPS design

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sahu77

16F676 based SMPS design
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 am     Reply with quote

Please guide me about PIC 16F676 based SMPS design up to 10 amp.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:16 am     Reply with quote

Google ??
Honestly, you need to supply a LOT more information ! 10 Amps ? At what voltage level(2V,12V,5V,120V), AC or DC ,frequency for the SMPS ? 120 HZ,24HZ,2400 HZ,10,000 HZ ???? Percent regulation, temperature range,
The list goes on and on....

I can do it exactly what you ask for in about 10 lines of code....
..now what you NEED is another story!
sahu77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 pm     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
Google ??
Honestly, you need to supply a LOT more information ! 10 Amps ? At what voltage level(2V,12V,5V,120V), AC or DC ,frequency for the SMPS ? 120 HZ,24HZ,2400 HZ,10,000 HZ ???? Percent regulation, temperature range,
The list goes on and on....

I can do it exactly what you ask for in about 10 lines of code....
..now what you NEED is another story!

12V\24\ 1 Amp TO 10 Amps
need AC to DC , i\p 95 v AC to 290 v AC
Percent regulation = +_5%
temperature range = 3c to 48 c

Googled but not found mcu based

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:15 pm     Reply with quote

If you have very little experience in designing 300 Watt, offline SMPS systems, I suggest the easiest way would be to use a typical 'PC tower PSU'. Hack into it, remove the smps chip,read up on how it works, then program a PIC to do the same thing.
There is tons of info about PC power supplies on the net and all the hard work( magnetics,transformer design, line isolation, secondary considerations, layout,etc.) has been done. Buy 3 or 4 IDENTICAl units as you'll probably blow 3 of them up unless you're very,very good at understanding how they work.
It's a whole lot cheaper than trying to 'start from scratch'.SMPS is part science,part black magic.
You can get a 24VDC, 10 Amp SMPS from a typical PC power supply.You'll need to cut,hack,modify and burn a few PICs but it can be done.
sahu77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 pm     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
If you have very little experience in designing 300 Watt, offline SMPS systems, I suggest the easiest way would be to use a typical 'PC tower PSU'. Hack into it, remove the smps chip,read up on how it works, then program a PIC to do the same thing.
There is tons of info about PC power supplies on the net and all the hard work( magnetics,transformer design, line isolation, secondary considerations, layout,etc.) has been done. Buy 3 or 4 IDENTICAl units as you'll probably blow 3 of them up unless you're very,very good at understanding how they work.
It's a whole lot cheaper than trying to 'start from scratch'.SMPS is part science,part black magic.
You can get a 24VDC, 10 Amp SMPS from a typical PC power supply.You'll need to cut,hack,modify and burn a few PICs but it can be done.

i want it with pic 16f676 not any analog IC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:03 pm     Reply with quote

I understand...
What I suggested was for you to replace the analog chip in the PC supply with a PIC that mimics the logic and control of that chip.
It's a quick, dirt cheap way to design and build SMPS of moderate power requirements.
I did it 10-12 years ago using a PIC16C84 for a remote control power project, took about a week after I read how the PC PSU chip worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: