CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Access violation in ccswatch.dll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ECACE

Access violation in ccswatch.dll
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 pm     Reply with quote

I have recently ran into a problem when I run in debug mode and try to view the contents of an array (Any RAM location actually), where I get the following error whenever I hover the mouse over the array:

Access violation at address 03A9F921 in module 'ccswatch.dll'. Read of address0000004

It doesn't matter if the processor has run or not, just hovering the mouse over RAM variables gives me this error. It was working fine about a month ago, but had not used it for some time. Now as of today and yesterday, it does not work.

Some of what I have done to try and fix this:

1) Tried other hardware (CCS's ACE board with a simple flashing LED program. Same error.

2) Uninstalled then reinstalled whole compiler + drivers for U64. Same error.

3) Tried two other debug modules (2 are ICD-U64's, 1 is ICD-U40). Same error.

4) Uninstalled everything from CCS (saved my projects somewhere else), then ran a registry cleaner and got rid of everything I could find and it could find related to CCS. Then re-installed CCS. Same error.

5) Tried it on my desktop, which is running the exact same version of PICC... Works exactly as it should, with both the ACE board and my current project. Tells me that the code isn't the problem, nor HW, nor ICD.

6) Rolled back my laptop (The one that is having this issue), to a time when I know it was working without giving this error. Same error.

Hair is falling out now.

System setup:

PCWH version 4.124
Processor 16F723 in current project, 16F877A in ACE board
ICD: (2) ICD-U64 + (1) ICD-U40
Desktop: Dell Precision T5400 (This setup works fine)
Laptop: Dell Precision M4500 (This setup does not work)

Interesting notes:

1) The laptop used to work fine and not give me this error about a month ago. Now it does, but all the reinstalling and reg cleaning makes no difference.
2) Rolling the laptop back to when it worked made no difference.
3) Desktop works exactly as it should, using the exact same code, exact same HW, exact same ICD.
4) I called CCS and they tried my code on their end but it works fine (like my desktop does).

So, what am I supposed to do, other than only work on my desktop?
Has anyone else ran into these probelms and have been able to solve them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: