CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

U40/U64 PIC16F84A Device ID from target is wrong [solved]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxrate

U40/U64 PIC16F84A Device ID from target is wrong [solved]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 am     Reply with quote

Hello, I've been at this for and evening and a morning now. Trying to in-circuit program a PIC16F84A. I've tried using the PICDEM 2 PLUS board, and a board that I've wired on a breadboard. I have made the simplest circuit possible (VSS, VDD, OSC, MCLR+4.7k pull up). Running from a 5VDC supply/capacitor, etc.

I have tried my U40 and U64 programmer. I have updated the firmware on CCSLOAD to the latest. Every time (no matter my test board or the PICDEM 2 Plus board) I get a "Chip not detected, ID=3FFF" Click here for diagnostics message.

I have gone thru all the diagnostic steps (minus the PGD input test) and everything checks out (on both the PICDEM and my breadboard). I have tried a different ICD cable as well. I have also tried another PIC16F84A-04/P chip. Same results. The CCSLOAD app shows that the Device ID that is read from the target is wrong in all cases.

Anyone had similar experience, or can offer some advice. I can't find fault with any of my wiring or procedure.

Thanks in advance
maxrate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Problem resolved: I don't understand how this happens to me. I finally 'break down' after a lot of testing/debugging and decide I need to post on the forum, then moments later I realize the issue. it's not a 16F84A, not a 16F84 (no A).

Sorry everyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: