CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Issues with SIOW under Windows 7 64 bits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Kens

Issues with SIOW under Windows 7 64 bits
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:06 am     Reply with quote

Hi !

I just got a new laptop, which had Windows 7 (64 bits) preinstalled. I installed my good "old" version of CCS Compiler on it (PCW 4.104) : no problem, wizard runned successfully. I opened some old projects, compiled them, and still no problem. But, when I open SIOW, I get error messages, again and again, until I kill the process in the task manager.

Is there a compatibility problem ? Or is it a misconfiguration on my computer (I'm fairly new to Windows 7) ? I tried to use Hyperterminal instead, but I discovered that Hyperterminal is no longer provided with Windows... Mad

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Christophe.
newguy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:11 am     Reply with quote

I just built a new computer with Win 7 64 bit version and SIOW works with it perfectly. However, the version of SIOW I'm using is the old one that shipped as part of the version 3.x PCWH compiler package.

If your laptop lacks an old style COM port, that may explain why SIOW is locking on you. If you have a USB-COM adapter, try plugging that in first before starting SIOW - it may not hang if it finds a COM port upon startup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: