CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

how to integrate Linx RXM-900-HP3-PPS Receiver PIC16F877A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogajamooga

how to integrate Linx RXM-900-HP3-PPS Receiver PIC16F877A
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 am     Reply with quote

Hi, I am currently using CCS version 4.064 and I am using the PIC16F877A to receive an analog input from my ultrasonic sensor which measures distance. Then, I am sending this analog input through the PIC's ADC and using that digital value to perform some logic.

I need to use the result of this logic, which is a digital value, and send this information using rs-232 encoding to my Linx TXM-900-HP3-PPS Transmitter. Then, I am using a matching model receiver, RXM-900-HP3-PPS to receive this information on channel 0 of the receiver and transmitter. Then, I will be connecting the data pin on this receiver to a second PIC16F877A.

So, basically I will have transmitted this digital information wirelessly. So, I was wondering how to go about setting this up, since I am very confused on how to use the TX and RX pin, and if using the UART is even necessary since setting that up is complicated. Do I even need to use the TX and RX pin on the PIC? or can i output the rs-232 encoded digital data on any digital pin of the PIC? So, I was wondering how to implement the rs-232 encoding so it can be sent wirelessly.

I also looked up the #USE RS232 directive in the compiler manual and am very confused on how to figure out what values I would need for the Baud Rate, Stream, etc. I am also confused on what stream in the directive means. Thanks for any information or helping code/commands in C!
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:58 am     Reply with quote

Since you infer you've done all the sensor and ADC code,I suggest you re-read the manual, compile the examples that CCS has kindly provided, say burn one PIC with the very simple 'loopback' or 'echo' program as the 'slave' and have the 'host' transmit a series of printable ASCII to it, then receive it back and display somehow.
As far as getting the Linx modules working, read their datasheet for the required serial configurations( baud,bits,handshaking, etc.)Odds are they have examples of code, tons of it out there on the 'Net'.
This is simple,'see Spot run' kind of serial communications, nothing hard or complicated about it, all it takes is reading, burning PICs, see what happens, and keep trying until you get it.Build on what you learn.
If you really think this is all too complicated, then you better close the books,sell your compiler and PICs and take up another hobby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: