CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Saving Data to File Serially

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joseph123

Saving Data to File Serially
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am     Reply with quote

I am using the ACE Kit and am using the ADC to store the value one of the potentiometers which I am using to simulate sensors. I want to get the value at regular intervals which I will use a timer for obviously. I was just wondering how can I save this data to a file on a PC. I am trying to transmit it over a serial connection which is working as the readings are being printed out in the console in the CCS Compiler. I am just not sure how to save the readings to a file.

Any help would be appreciated.
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:40 am     Reply with quote

That all depends on what OS and programs you're using on the PC. Hyper terminal can save the data, though maybe not the best. There are several 'terminal 'programs like real term that will work, QuickBasic 4.5 is easy to use, then of course Visual Basic, C++, Delphi (my choice for OS >Win98SE), even Excel can save the data for you.
Of course you could cut code in Assembler, but I figure only old dinosaurs like myself will do that!
joseph123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:36 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I just realised though that no ouput is sent to the serial output monitor that comes with the CCS software. I assume the serial port monitor is similar to hyperterminal.

I tried running the program as a stand alone program but there is no output on the serial port. Nothing is displayed. The serial port monitor is configured correctly to listen on COM1 and has the baud rates, stop bits, parity bit all set correctly.

When using the monitor in the debugger in the CCS compiler the print statements in my code seem to work but with the serial port monitor which is separate to the compiler it nothing is displayed.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: