CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Values on segment are unstable.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sid2286

Values on segment are unstable.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to display the adc values on seven segments. I'm using mcp3208 and the file mcp3208.c.
The units place digit is flickering however the input to mcp is rock steady. I googled and made necessary changes such as decoupling cap at i/p etc. But nothing has helped so far.
Please suggest something.
gpsmikey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:35 am     Reply with quote

Without seeing the circuit and software, it is tough to really nail it down, but there are a number of factors. What does your Vref signal look like on the chip - if that is not perfectly stable, you will get wandering results. You may also want to consider adding a software filter to the results since you want to be able to view the results and are not going for a high data rate sample speed. There was recently another post here where Ttelmah showed how to implement a simple rolling average filter that did not use a lot of ram for array storage. See this post for details
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44115
There will almost always be some variation down at the lower couple of bits - various noise sources in the system, the actual value may be right on a bit boundary etc.

mikey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: