CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Compiler fault in PCWH Version >= 4.115 ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfire

Compiler fault in PCWH Version >= 4.115 ???
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:20 am     Reply with quote

I am using PCWH for over 3 years and wrote a program with >15300 lines
of code - which worked always fine until compiler version 4.115.
Since I updated to version 4.115 (and 4.116) it seems that the SPI to a SD-Card (2Gbyte, FAT32) not correctly works. (FAT-Code from CCS Code library)
also initialized static vars are sometimes incorrect.
I revert to version 4.111 and recompile the project and all works fine.
CCS had never given an info that there is any change in SPI code or anything else who bothers my up-to-now proven code...
Terrific! With CCS you can never be sure that your code works with a new version ;-((
Any ideas what is changed in versions >4.111 ???
The version history @b CCS is not worth the name and CCS itself
give me no answer to my support emails for more than 4 weeks now....

btw: also with the new compilers, EEPROM write/read on PIC18F67K22 does not work.... ;-(( - also no answer from ccs..... Evil or Very Mad
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:08 am     Reply with quote

Seriously, search the forum about this.

New releases from CCS, are at _best_ 'beta' releases. In some cases, they are poor 'alpha' releases....

Strategy with CCS, should never be to 'update' as a routine thing, but work with a compiler version you know, keep this with the code you are generating, and only update, if you have a specific fault that you see a new release is meant to fix, or if there is some new feature that you would like. Even then, keep your last version, and test the new one, before deciding if it is worth using.

It is one of the biggest faults with CCS, and does them no good at all, encouraging new users to think that the compiler is less good than it (at heart) is.

The information about new updates is 'pointless', usually describing one change, which bears little or no relationship to what has actually changed with the release.

I always have a remark section at the start of each program, describing which compiler version was used, and if I do change to another compiler version, what changes I made when this was done.

It has been remarked many times, that this is probably the single thing that most encourages people to move to other compilers....

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: